Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Spooky Timer Switch Stuck

I had an Intermatic wall timer switch for ten years, except I removed it a
bit last year trying two versions of dewstop.com which were either too
sensitive in the summer or not sensitive enough in the winter. About a month
ago it started gitting stuck about halfway. I replaced it with one labelled
Woods last night. That one worked fine at 20min, but got stuck at 30min and
60 min. THe last time I did get it to work fine by removing the faceplate
addition, which did not seem to get stuck. Also, the lock nut in the middle
didn't fit, so we didn't install it. We used an "old fashioned" plastic
switch plate. So I then just set the old Intermatic one without power and it
got stuck halfway again. So the old one didn't die because we re-fastended
the front too tight. Do the springs have some sort of winding method? I'm
wondering if the problem is systemic? Obviously they don't use power for the
spring, so the fan can't be to blame. So, what is?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 May 2012 21:49:41 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

[...]

I would suspect some distortion of the case caused by too many wires
in the box, nut on too tight, switch not parallel to the plate, etc.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

I think I was using an electronic timer model. I'm still using dewstop. It
comes on a couple times a year with natural high humidity. Should have it's
own switch. I turn it on before using shower to get a start. Mine is
mounted higher than normal. I don't trust mechanical timers.

Greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Much Obliged for replies. So far, with plate removed, works fine.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm