Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Multiple switch mode power supplies

Hopefully a hypothetical assuming cannot repair a small SMPS in a 1U case.
Assuming 3 of those little "plug-top" , I don't know the generic name,
"phone charger" SMPS can have the usual fudge of changing 2 or 3 resistors
each to give +/- 15V, .2A and 5V , .5A and mains safety issues taken into
account. Would there be an EMC or cross-coupling problem due to 3
free-running oscillator SMPS running inside one box, often the case that 3
would be togrther in close proximity charging 3 phones at the same time.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Nutcase Kook = Classic Pommy ****wit "

** For get that ****ed idea.

each to give +/- 15V, .2A and 5V , .5A and mains safety issues taken into
account.

** 15 volt and 5 volt SMPS supplies are easy enough to find.

You can remove the PCBs from their cases and wire the outputs as you please.

Would there be an EMC or cross-coupling problem due to 3
free-running oscillator SMPS running inside one box,

** No.

Wot a ****ing RETARD !!!!!!!!!!

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Would there be an EMC or cross-coupling problem due to 3
free-running oscillator SMPS running inside one box, often the
case that 3 would be togrther in close proximity charging 3
phones at the same time.

It's unlikely their transformers would have sufficient stray flux to produce
interference.

If you're worried, position two of them at right angles, and the third
not-in-line with either.

Please learn how to write a short, simple, declarative sentence! Learning
how will give you a great sense of satisfaction.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 9, 7:30*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
Would there be an EMC or cross-coupling *problem due to 3
free-running oscillator SMPS running inside one box, often the
case that 3 would be togrther in close proximity charging 3
phones at the same time.

It's unlikely their transformers would have sufficient stray flux to produce
interference.

If you're worried, position two of them at right angles, and the third
not-in-line with either.

Please learn how to write a short, simple, declarative sentence! Learning
how will give you a great sense of satisfaction.

Mr. Cook's question was stated just fine, we have some grouches here
this Monday morning.

There is a slight chance that the oscillators would try to sync up, it
depends on how close they are in free-running frequency and also on
how much intercoupling there is between the electronics, as well as
any possible flux coupling between the transformers. Really hard to
predict!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"hr(bob) = google monkey

Mr. Cook's question was stated just fine,

** Only fine if you are an autistic, dyslexic ****wit.

There is a slight chance that the oscillators would try to sync up,

** Like there is a slight chance the moon is made of green cheese.

**** off - moron.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Please learn how to write a short, simple, declarative sentence!
Learning how will give you a great sense of satisfaction.

Mr. Cook's question was stated just fine, we have some grouches
here this Monday morning.

I the it any way reader let and right you it's like ? So all to write guess
unscramble

Mr Cook, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO WRITE simple, clear sentences. It's a necessary
skill. When someone offers you sound advice, don't ignore it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck"

Mr. Cook's question was stated just fine, we have some grouches
here this Monday morning.

I the it any way reader let and right you it's like ? So all to write
guess
unscramble

** ROTFL !!

( see, I do say nice things sometimes .. )

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

(see, I do say nice things sometimes ...)

So why do you get so angry? Is it psychosis? Or are you just playing the
"angry old man"?

It's okay to criticize. You don't have to jump down people's throats doing
it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/10/2012 6:53 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
"William Sommerwerck"

Mr. Cook's question was stated just fine, we have some grouches
here this Monday morning.

I the it any way reader let and right you it's like ? So all to write
guess
unscramble

** ROTFL !!

( see, I do say nice things sometimes .. )

.... Phil

Hey Phil !!

Are you Ok man ??
I'm getting worried about ya :-)