DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   BT A/B wires (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/338228-bt-b-wires.html)

M.Joshi April 3rd 12 03:51 PM

BT A/B wires

How can I identify which is the A and B wire coming in from outside?

There is no earth wire supplied.

Rich Webb April 3rd 12 09:34 PM

BT A/B wires

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:51:14 +0000, M.Joshi
wrote:

How can I identify which is the A and B wire coming in from outside?

There is no earth wire supplied.

Assuming it's RS-422, when idle the "A" line is negative with respect to
the "B" line.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

M.Joshi April 4th 12 09:38 PM

Ah no, I was referring to UK telephone line A/B wires. BT - British Telecom.