DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to buy long bits for electric assembly screwdrivers? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/338184-where-buy-long-bits-electric-assembly-screwdrivers.html)

Bob E. April 2nd 12 11:21 PM

Where to buy long bits for electric assembly screwdrivers?

Looking for philips #0 bits, 4 mm or 1/4-inch hex drive, long. Like the one
used he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PGAbyJzCU

I can find the regular stubby (25 mm long) ones but nothing small diameter &
long like that guy is using.

Occasionally available in sets, but I'd like just individual or bulk quantity
of one size.

Thanks.

Nico Coesel April 3rd 12 12:43 AM

Bob E. wrote:

Looking for philips #0 bits, 4 mm or 1/4-inch hex drive, long. Like the one
used he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PGAbyJzCU

I can find the regular stubby (25 mm long) ones but nothing small diameter &
long like that guy is using.

Occasionally available in sets, but I'd like just individual or bulk quantity
of one size.

That sort of stuff is best found on Ebay.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Carl Ijames[_4_] April 3rd 12 12:47 AM

Where to buy long bits for electric assembly screwdrivers?

Didn't watch the vid but www.mcmaster.com has 6" and 12" long #0 Phillips
power bits for under $9 each, put 2818 in the search box to see the catalog
page or part 5751A73 to see one example.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Bob E. April 3rd 12 02:18 AM

Where to buy long bits for electric assembly screwdrivers?

Didn't watch the vid but www.mcmaster.com has 6" and 12" long #0 Phillips
power bits for under $9 each, put 2818 in the search box to see the catalog
page or part 5751A73 to see one example.
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Those are certainly viable.

But I'm trying to find the spindly kind that the video shows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PGAbyJzCU

Thanks,
Dave

Rich.[_2_] April 3rd 12 02:52 AM

&
long like that guy is using.

Occasionally available in sets, but I'd like just individual or bulk
quantity
of one size.

Thanks.

Like this?:
http://www.amazon.com/Apex-Phillips-.../dp/B000PDUBC4

Martin Riddle April 3rd 12 03:33 AM

"Bob E." wrote in message
Looking for philips #0 bits, 4 mm or 1/4-inch hex drive, long. Like
the one
used he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PGAbyJzCU

I can find the regular stubby (25 mm long) ones but nothing small
diameter &
long like that guy is using.

Occasionally available in sets, but I'd like just individual or bulk
quantity
of one size.

Thanks.

Like these?
http://www.micro-tools.com/store/~/C-526/Phillips-14-Power-Bits.aspx

Cheers

The Ghost in The Machine April 3rd 12 11:12 AM

Where to buy long bits for electric assembly screwdrivers?

THESE GUYS ARE CLUELESS.........TRY {{{{{ DREMEL }}}}}
THEY HAVE SIMILAR SCREWDRIVER BITS FOR A NEW CORDLESS S-D THEY HAVE ON
THE MARKET.

IF THAT DOESNT WORK FOR YOU TRY CHINA IMPORTS, THEY HAVE MICRO TYPE
HANDSETS THAT BRING BITS LIKE THAT TOO, AVAILABLE IN SOME DOLLAR
STORES.

I GET AROUND (:-)

TGITM

Bob E. April 3rd 12 06:08 PM

Where to buy long bits for electric assembly screwdrivers?

I found one named after you.

http://tinyurl.com/7d6zrt6

No size #0.

Bob E. April 3rd 12 06:12 PM

Where to buy long bits for electric assembly screwdrivers?

Like this?:
http://www.amazon.com/Apex-Phillips-.../dp/B000PDUBC4

That's it!

Thanks!

The Ghost in The Machine April 4th 12 03:56 AM

Where to buy long bits for electric assembly screwdrivers?

On Apr 3, 1:08*pm, Bob E. wrote:
* I found one named after you.

http://tinyurl.com/7d6zrt6

No size #0.