DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sharp 52" LCD TV fluorescent repair? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/336714-sharp-52-lcd-tv-fluorescent-repair.html)

root March 3rd 12 10:36 PM

Sharp 52" LCD TV fluorescent repair?

How easy is it to replace the fluorescent bulb that
illuminates an older LCD tv?

Can any general guidelines be given, or would I require
a special manual?

[email protected] March 4th 12 04:09 AM

On Mar 3, 2:36*pm, root wrote:
How easy is it to replace the fluorescent bulb that
illuminates an older LCD tv?

Can any general guidelines be given, or would I require
a special manual?

Can you even get the proper bulb? In smaller computer monitors the
electrolytic caps in the power supply fail more frequently than the
bulbs. I've restored several at work which delights the managers. If
you don't get a manual, take lots of photos during disassembly. You'll
find them very useful during reassembly.