DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba DVD Recorder D-R4 tray sensor prob (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/336411-toshiba-dvd-recorder-d-r4-tray-sensor-prob.html)

JR North February 26th 12 11:27 PM

Toshiba DVD Recorder D-R4 tray sensor prob

Trying to remove a jammed disc in the tray, I broke a sensor mounted
near the front of the drive chassis. Pics he
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/dvd.html

I googled the sensor part #, no joy. It's too damaged to determine
it's function. A window in the tray parks over this location when the
tray reaches it's home park. The recorder won't run, sets a code ERROR
7071- which is a fault code for the DVD drive.
Can anyone explain what this sensor does, how I can find a
replacement, or can suggest a workaround. I got a couple used Toshiba
DVD players of similar model year from the local thrift store; good
units and $5.00 each. They have different drives of course, and they
don't have the same sensor configuration. Still looking for a parts
dog, but no joy yet.
Thoughts?
JR

N_Cook February 27th 12 08:32 AM

JR North wrote in message
Trying to remove a jammed disc in the tray, I broke a sensor mounted
near the front of the drive chassis. Pics he
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/dvd.html

I googled the sensor part #, no joy. It's too damaged to determine
it's function. A window in the tray parks over this location when the
tray reaches it's home park. The recorder won't run, sets a code ERROR
7071- which is a fault code for the DVD drive.
Can anyone explain what this sensor does, how I can find a
replacement, or can suggest a workaround. I got a couple used Toshiba
DVD players of similar model year from the local thrift store; good
units and $5.00 each. They have different drives of course, and they
don't have the same sensor configuration. Still looking for a parts
dog, but no joy yet.
Thoughts?
JR

some sort of sub min switch, how many traces in the ribbon? single or
change-over ? is there space to jury-rig something bigger , not neccessarily
in the original posistion ?