Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Knob caps for Tek 2467 scope?

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half dozen for
the knobs like those below the CRT.

Thanks!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Samuel M. Goldwasser Inscribed thus:

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half
dozen for the knobs like those below the CRT.

Thanks!

Have you got a photo. I've an old Tek thats been sat in the garage for
the past 20 years. I haven't a clue what it is but if the knobs are any
good you are welcome to them.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann writes:

On 18 Feb 2012 17:51:12 -0500, (Samuel M.
Goldwasser) wrote:

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half dozen for
the knobs like those below the CRT.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...tronix +knobs
http://www.qservice.tv/tek_spares8.htm
http://qservice.tv/vpasp/shopdisplay...metic+Hardware
http://www.barrytech.com/tektronix/knobs/tekknobs.html
http://www.talonix.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=98
http://4sale.sbszoo.com/knobs.htm

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Thanks, but at $7-8 each I think I try elsewhere or wait for a cheap
parts unit.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Baron writes:

Samuel M. Goldwasser Inscribed thus:

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half
dozen for the knobs like those below the CRT.

Thanks!

Have you got a photo. I've an old Tek thats been sat in the garage for
the past 20 years. I haven't a clue what it is but if the knobs are any
good you are welcome to them.

Appreciate the offer, but this is for the latest Tek analog scopes
(latest meaing 1990s vintage!)

Thanks!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

(Samuel M. Goldwasser) wrote in
:

Jeff Liebermann writes:

On 18 Feb 2012 17:51:12 -0500,
(Samuel M.
Goldwasser) wrote:

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half
dozen for the knobs like those below the CRT.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...736&_nkw=tektr
onix+knobs http://www.qservice.tv/tek_spares8.htm
http://qservice.tv/vpasp/shopdisplay...at=TEKTRONIX+K
nobs+-+Cosmetic+Hardware
http://www.barrytech.com/tektronix/knobs/tekknobs.html
http://www.talonix.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=98
http://4sale.sbszoo.com/knobs.htm

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Thanks, but at $7-8 each I think I try elsewhere or wait for a cheap
parts unit.

make a mold of a good cap and cast your own...you can buy mold making
material like dentists use at good hobby stores.
FYI,that inexpensive gel stuff for making casts of handprints is only good
for one-shots.

I wonder if you could use the 2467 service manual to find the plastics
company TEK bought the caps from; maybe they can run off a batch for you.
I recall that TEK spun off their plastics manufacturing unit,and then
bought from them.
there should be a list of manufacturers and the 5 digit code in the front
of the parts list section,and the mech.parts list should show the mfg. code
for each part.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Baron writes:

Samuel M. Goldwasser Inscribed thus:

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half
dozen for the knobs like those below the CRT.

Thanks!

Have you got a photo. I've an old Tek thats been sat in the garage
for the past 20 years. I haven't a clue what it is but if the knobs
are any good you are welcome to them.

Appreciate the offer, but this is for the latest Tek analog scopes
(latest meaing 1990s vintage!)

Thanks!

I just managed to get in under all the junk to see the front of the
scope that I have and it says T83. All the knobs seem to be clean and
undamaged.

HTH.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim Yanik writes:

(Samuel M. Goldwasser) wrote in
:

Jeff Liebermann writes:

On 18 Feb 2012 17:51:12 -0500,
(Samuel M.
Goldwasser) wrote:

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half
[...]

HeHeHe.... Sounds like buying a parts unit would be a whole lot cheaper.
I figured you might have a stash of them somewhere. ;-)

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim Yanik writes:

(Samuel M. Goldwasser) wrote in
:

Jeff Liebermann writes:

On 18 Feb 2012 17:51:12 -0500,
(Samuel M.
Goldwasser) wrote:

Subject line says it all. Any inexpensive source? I need a half
dozen for the knobs like those below the CRT.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from....l2736&_nkw=te
ktr onix+knobs http://www.qservice.tv/tek_spares8.htm
http://qservice.tv/vpasp/shopdisplay...4&cat=TEKTRONI
X+K nobs+-+Cosmetic+Hardware
[...]

When they closed our Orlando TEK field office,I could have come away with a
TON of stuff,lots of manuals,but I didn't have anywhere to put it all.
I could have made a lot of money just selling those used manuals.
all the test fixtures and custom board extenders I made....ARRRGH.
Gone,trashed. Nobody else would have known what to do with them. :-(

bench stock parts,they were all shipped to the DC office,melded in with
their stock.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik