DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need Schematic Bose Acoustic Wave AWRC1G (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/334749-need-schematic-bose-acoustic-wave-awrc1g.html)

William Sommerwerck January 24th 12 12:50 PM

Need Schematic Bose Acoustic Wave AWRC1G

There are many possible causes, but a bad solder joint is likely. Touching
up lots and lots of joints might not be a bad idea.

I would suggest taking voltage readings around the PS and recording them.
Then, when the unit stops working, check the voltages.

I realize that it's much easier to troubleshoot when you have the schematic.
But this is the sort of problem that could drive you crazy and waste huge
amounts of time. I would wait until it (appears to) fail altogether.

Sparkey January 24th 12 01:38 PM

Need Schematic Bose Acoustic Wave AWRC1G

I have a strange problem with this Bose radio/cd unit.

It goes completely dead, but only intermittently.

In other words, one day it just died. (no function/no display) I did a
little checking, suspecting a defective power transformer. Pulled it
and checked good. I put it back in and it worked...thought pri clip
may have wiggled loose off of the board. After a week or so, it died
again. It worked the next day however.
After an hour of playing it would die again.
Now, it's working all the time.
I have checked solder connections on the board, tested regulators and
caps in the power supply.

I would like to get a print because I see this is going to be a
chaser, but they seem hard to find.

The unit is an AWRC1G
The PC board designation is: 260128-0001
5329 8/28/03 0325

Thanks

N_Cook January 24th 12 03:22 PM

Sparkey wrote in message

I have a strange problem with this Bose radio/cd unit.

It goes completely dead, but only intermittently.

In other words, one day it just died. (no function/no display) I did a
little checking, suspecting a defective power transformer. Pulled it
and checked good. I put it back in and it worked...thought pri clip
may have wiggled loose off of the board. After a week or so, it died
again. It worked the next day however.
After an hour of playing it would die again.
Now, it's working all the time.
I have checked solder connections on the board, tested regulators and
caps in the power supply.

I would like to get a print because I see this is going to be a
chaser, but they seem hard to find.

The unit is an AWRC1G
The PC board designation is: 260128-0001
5329 8/28/03 0325

Thanks

Check the so-called strain relief for the mains cable

Arfa Daily January 25th 12 01:47 AM

"Sparkey" wrote in message

I have a strange problem with this Bose radio/cd unit.

It goes completely dead, but only intermittently.

In other words, one day it just died. (no function/no display) I did a
little checking, suspecting a defective power transformer. Pulled it
and checked good. I put it back in and it worked...thought pri clip
may have wiggled loose off of the board. After a week or so, it died
again. It worked the next day however.
After an hour of playing it would die again.
Now, it's working all the time.
I have checked solder connections on the board, tested regulators and
caps in the power supply.

I would like to get a print because I see this is going to be a
chaser, but they seem hard to find.

The unit is an AWRC1G
The PC board designation is: 260128-0001
5329 8/28/03 0325

Thanks

Mail me direct off-group at the address I used to post this. I should be
able to fix you up with schematics

Arfa

Sparkey January 26th 12 12:02 PM

Need Schematic Bose Acoustic Wave AWRC1G

I have checked the strain relief, does not seem to affect the
operation.
It's still playing.

Yup, I have been recording power supply values anticipating shut-down.
thanks