DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony MHC 901av phones output but no speakers (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/334748-sony-mhc-901av-phones-output-but-no-speakers.html)

N_Cook January 24th 12 01:26 PM

Sony MHC 901av phones output but no speakers

That is 3 pairs of speaker outputs, CD,tuner and tapes ok. Left unused for a
few years.
Will check for amp noise on the speaker outlets in the next hour. At the
moment I'm thinking muting via corroded erroneous phones bypass switch ,
impossible to see /probe without taking all apart. Any other ideas to look
at. Looks like 2 stereo SIP hybrid amp packages, unlikely both failed, no
approprieate fuses seen yet.

N_Cook January 24th 12 03:20 PM

Sony MHC 901av phones output but no speakers

Now found a pair of relays that had no sound of click-over, but monitorable
for signal and control, assuming a minimum number of board interconnects is
enough to test out. Managed to get to the phones socket and the isolated C/O
sw is fine (or I disturbed it), but at least I now know which lines from
there go to the relay board and the output lines from the 2x STK4142II .