Old January 13th 12, 11:17 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Singer 5522 sewing machine

I found this machine at the swap shop of our transfer station. It
appears to be in good condition but I can't figure out how to thread
it or wind the bobbin. Does anyone have an operating manual that they
would be willing to share? Also does anyone know how old this model
is. It seems to be built pretty well. Thanks, Lenny

Old January 13th 12, 11:37 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:17:39 -0800 (PST), klem kedidelhopper
wrote:

I found this machine at the swap shop of our transfer station. It
appears to be in good condition but I can't figure out how to thread
it or wind the bobbin. Does anyone have an operating manual that they
would be willing to share? Also does anyone know how old this model
is. It seems to be built pretty well. Thanks, Lenny

threading guides he
http://www.singerco.com/sewing-resou...ading-machines

operation info he
http://www.singerco.com/sewing-resou...eration-basics

John
Old January 9th 14, 12:14 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

If you're still interested, you can download the manual he
http://www.singersewingmachine.com/s...-download.aspx
Old January 9th 14, 12:18 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

We are having trouble getting our 5522 to sew heavy fabric. It is regular awning canvas and should not be any problem for this heavy-duty machine. However the machine stalls when we try to get it sewing. We're using a #18 needle and it is new. We can sew lighter fabric with the same needle and settings with no problem. Any idea what we'er doing wrong?
Old June 6th 20, 10:48 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mine is 35+years old.

Old Singer Sewing Machine - No Variable Speed [email protected] Electronics Repair 16 November 9th 14 05:39 PM
Sewing machine manuals? newshound UK diy 4 June 14th 11 12:47 AM
Singer model 513 sewing machine problems [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 October 18th 09 12:35 AM
A Sewing Machine For The Workshop Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 55 February 12th 08 08:14 PM
Sewing machine Gunner Asch Metalworking 1 September 25th 05 11:55 PM