DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Singer 5522 sewing machine (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/334335-singer-5522-sewing-machine.html)

klem kedidelhopper January 13th 12 10:17 PM

Singer 5522 sewing machine

I found this machine at the swap shop of our transfer station. It
appears to be in good condition but I can't figure out how to thread
it or wind the bobbin. Does anyone have an operating manual that they
would be willing to share? Also does anyone know how old this model
is. It seems to be built pretty well. Thanks, Lenny

[email protected] January 13th 12 10:37 PM

Singer 5522 sewing machine

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:17:39 -0800 (PST), klem kedidelhopper
wrote:

I found this machine at the swap shop of our transfer station. It
appears to be in good condition but I can't figure out how to thread
it or wind the bobbin. Does anyone have an operating manual that they
would be willing to share? Also does anyone know how old this model
is. It seems to be built pretty well. Thanks, Lenny

threading guides he
http://www.singerco.com/sewing-resou...ading-machines

operation info he
http://www.singerco.com/sewing-resou...eration-basics

John

[email protected] January 8th 14 11:14 PM

Singer 5522 sewing machine

If you're still interested, you can download the manual he
http://www.singersewingmachine.com/s...-download.aspx

[email protected] January 8th 14 11:18 PM

Singer 5522 sewing machine

We are having trouble getting our 5522 to sew heavy fabric. It is regular awning canvas and should not be any problem for this heavy-duty machine. However the machine stalls when we try to get it sewing. We're using a #18 needle and it is new. We can sew lighter fabric with the same needle and settings with no problem. Any idea what we'er doing wrong?

[email protected] June 6th 20 09:48 AM

Singer 5522 sewing machine

Mine is 35+years old.