DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   boosting power output of solar panels (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/333636-boosting-power-output-solar-panels.html)

michael December 30th 11 01:23 AM

boosting power output of solar panels

I am by far NOT a super smart man. but is there a way to boost the
power output of a solar panel?

Phil Allison[_2_] December 30th 11 02:09 AM

boosting power output of solar panels

"michael"
I am by far NOT a super smart man. but is there a way to boost the
power output of a solar panel?

** Google the topic - he is the first hit:

http://www.geo-dome.co.uk/article.as...e=solar_mirror

.... Phil

Jeff Liebermann December 30th 11 04:07 AM

boosting power output of solar panels

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:23:04 -0800 (PST), michael
wrote:

I am by far NOT a super smart man.

Yeah, it shows. Wrong usenet newsgroup. Try one dedicated to solar
photovoltaic power.

but is there a way to boost the
power output of a solar panel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrated_photovoltaics
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=Concentrated+photovoltaics
Try not to melt your solar panel.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

William Sommerwerck December 30th 11 06:03 AM

boosting power output of solar panels

Yes... move the Earth closer to the Sun!

It's possible someone makes a faceted plastic lens system that collects
light over a wider angle.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson December 30th 11 07:29 AM

William Sommerwerck wrote:

It's possible someone makes a faceted plastic lens system that collects
light over a wider angle.

Solyndra made solar panels which would work with light in more directions
than just straight on. If you can get some of their panels, and back them
with curved mylar mirrors, you would get more electricity out of them.

Since the company went so spectacularly bankrupt, their arrays may be available
at fire sale prices. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(