Electronics Repair (sci.electronics.repair) Discussion of repairing electronic equipment. Topics include requests for assistance, where to obtain servicing information and parts, techniques for diagnosis and repair, and annecdotes about success, failures and problems.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 240
Default Help locating source of connector?

This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave

  #2   Report Post  
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 532
Default Help locating source of connector?

On 12/23/2011 8:11 PM, DaveC wrote:
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave

Hi, Dave.
I have seen, but not built with the connector you need. When we can't
find a connector source, we usually call on TTI, Inc. and find it or an
equivalent there. They have offices in most major cities, I believe. At
least they are in Portland Oregon.

Paul
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 314
Default Help locating source of connector?

On Dec 23, 8:11*pm, DaveC wrote:
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.


Can you measure the blade dimensions? And/or can you say anything
about the equipment manufacturer? I would google those terms.

Because of the urgency, I would just replace the connector on the
board, and terminate the ribbon, with standard connectors.
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default Help locating source of connector?


"DaveC" wrote in message
...
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit
of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey,
Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is
greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave



Try Harting: http://www.harting-connectivity-networks.de/en/

  #5   Report Post  
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,924
Default Help locating source of connector?


DaveC wrote:

This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.



Is there any markings molded into the plastic? Even a few letters to
indicate the OEM?


--
You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 151
Default Help locating source of connector?

On 12/23/2011 11:11 PM, DaveC wrote:
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave


Dave,

That IS an oddball. I'd send the photos to Digi-key or Mouser and see
what their customer service departments come up with. I've found them
very helpful I'd also add a shot of the connecter it mates with. Take
some measurements too.

Lastly, what equipment did it come out of?

Best regards and happy holidays,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics


  #7   Report Post  
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 62
Default Help locating source of connector?

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 20:11:02 -0800, DaveC wrote:

This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave


EDAC (http://www.edac.net) makes connectors using that sort of
contact.


--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb (at) telus.net
GPS and NMEA info: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter
Vancouver Power Squadron: http://vancouver.powersquadron.ca
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 240
Default Help locating source of connector?

I found it. Apparently Fujitsu FCN-360 series:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...R=FCN-367J040-
AU%2fHvirtualkey52910000virtualkey817-FCN-367J040AUH

Thanks for your suggestions.

Happy Holidays.

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Source for very very very small 54 pin connector Jeff[_15_] Electronics Repair 3 September 13th 11 08:18 AM
Source for connector screws Larry[_7_] Woodworking 1 July 21st 08 03:35 AM
Dell Axim X30: Source for connector? Reinhard Zwirner Electronics Repair 5 February 23rd 07 03:52 AM
Connector source DanFXR Electronics Repair 1 January 9th 07 04:22 PM
Feeling a cold draft (locating source) [email protected] Home Repair 10 December 17th 04 08:31 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"