Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Help locating source of connector?

This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On 12/23/2011 8:11 PM, DaveC wrote:
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave

Hi, Dave.
I have seen, but not built with the connector you need. When we can't
find a connector source, we usually call on TTI, Inc. and find it or an
equivalent there. They have offices in most major cities, I believe. At
least they are in Portland Oregon.

Paul
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 23, 8:11*pm, DaveC wrote:
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Can you measure the blade dimensions? And/or can you say anything
about the equipment manufacturer? I would google those terms.

Because of the urgency, I would just replace the connector on the
board, and terminate the ribbon, with standard connectors.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"DaveC" wrote in message
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit
of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey,
Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is
greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave

Try Harting: http://www.harting-connectivity-networks.de/en/

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

DaveC wrote:

This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Is there any markings molded into the plastic? Even a few letters to
indicate the OEM?

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On 12/23/2011 11:11 PM, DaveC wrote:
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave

Dave,

That IS an oddball. I'd send the photos to Digi-key or Mouser and see
what their customer service departments come up with. I've found them
very helpful I'd also add a shot of the connecter it mates with. Take
some measurements too.

Lastly, what equipment did it come out of?

Best regards and happy holidays,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 20:11:02 -0800, DaveC wrote:

This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of
an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round
pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable
spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/qxzgqkl9yq5f77ge385.jpg

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/7du6az01atbudrarjsp5.jpg

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser,
etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, and
Happy Holidays,
Dave

EDAC (http://www.edac.net) makes connectors using that sort of
contact.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb (at) telus.net
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

I found it. Apparently Fujitsu FCN-360 series:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...R=FCN-367J040-
AU%2fHvirtualkey52910000virtualkey817-FCN-367J040AUH

Thanks for your suggestions.

Happy Holidays.