Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic TH-46PZ85U plasma 15V SOS

Hi folks. Giving this another try. Getting the two blink code - 15V
SOS. Manual says to check the D board. I have. I get about 3.5V on pin
#62 (I think this is the pin) of the panel Micro, which I believe is
where this error is being detected before the set shuts down. I get
15.8V standby. I get 15.8V everywhere it should be at startup, yet the
set keeps shutting down as soon as the voltages comes up. The service
manual doesn't specify what voltage triggers the error on this pin.
There are two high value resistors (looks like a voltage divider)
across the pin that check good, so I believe the 3.5V is about what
should be present. Other than assuming the D board may be gimped with
faulty micro or something, anyone have a suggestion as next step? I'll
set this one to the curb before investing in a board that may not be
bad. Thanks again group.