Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic Plasma TV TH-46PZ85U shut down problem - help needed

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:54:15 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Folks I need your help once again. I have the above mentioned TV that
shuts down about a second after power up. Get two blinks on the power
LED. This is 15V(P) DET code. When the set is plugged in, the 15V
powers up at 15.8V, then the relay clicks, voltage drops to zero.
Power set up, read 15.8V on supply at test point 7, then set shuts
down within a second or so.

The service manual says to check the D board for this error code. I
have checked pretty much all components associated with the 15V supply
on the power board, and found nothing wrong. My question is, is the
set shutting down due to over voltage of 15.8V? This info isn't listed
in the manual I have. I pulled the D board and checked a couple of
resistors at the panel MICOM IC where the 15V is supplied, where I
believe the error is being detected. Nothing found wrong. I can't
check voltages on the D board since you can't access it without
removing another board from the chassis (A board I think), which won't
allow set to power up.

I hate to trash this one, and am willing to replace a board, but hope
someone in this group familiar with plasma's or Panasonic can give me
some pointers of what/where to check. What do the pro's do to find
this kind of problems? I am not a pro repair person, but have been
working on TV's as a hobby for about 7 years. Much thanks to all.
Best regards.

I've fixed a few plasma TVs, but haven't had the opportunity to work
on Panasonics. There are a couple of resources I can recommend,
however.
Service manuals are available at Elektrotanya -
http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...oria=&kat2=all

There are a number of people with Panasonic plasma experience the
badcaps.net TV troubleshooting forum.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

PlainBill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Service manuals are available at Elektrotanya -http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=TH-46PZ85U&kategoria=&kat2...

There are a number of people with Panasonic plasma experience the
badcaps.net TV troubleshooting forum.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

PlainBill- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the response. I have checked the PS caps, but will check
the resource you listed.