Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Can I substitute a 74HC75 for a 74LS75?

Actually I have done it and it is working, but can it be expected to
last? Or should I order some LS's and install what was originally in it?

If it matters, it's being used on a video arcade game mother board, Ms
Pac-Man to be specific.

Thanks,
Tony
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 10, 12:18*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
Actually I have done it and it is working, but can it be expected to
last? *Or should I order some LS's and install what was originally in it?

If it matters, it's being used on a video arcade game mother board, Ms
Pac-Man to be specific.

Thanks,
Tony

CMOS chip inputs must be tied hi or low so that they don't drift into
linear mode pull excess current and get hot. Any unused input that is
NOT connected should be tied to + 5. Unconnected output pins can be
ignored. You may run into quirks if they were pushing to the edge of
the clock speeds. An HCT chip has the input thresholds more closely
matched to TTL and may work better.

Petrol Substitute Gary[_11_] UK diy 13 January 26th 11 07:01 PM
Goo-Gone substitute(s) Jeff The Drunk[_5_] Home Repair 45 August 1st 10 02:43 AM
MOT substitute? ct UK diy 11 October 25th 09 10:49 PM
substitute for MDF Eigenvector Woodworking 23 February 25th 08 12:56 AM
2N60B substitute? Inty XP Electronics Repair 12 July 6th 06 09:03 PM