DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic Euro 4 Cogging - Please help (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/332299-panasonic-euro-4-cogging-please-help.html)

[email protected] November 26th 11 05:57 PM

Panasonic Euro 4 Cogging - Please help

Hi

I've got a Panasonic TX24DX1 tv with the Euro 4 chassis. There is
slight cogging on the verticals, which I think may be caused by a
fault (capacitor?) in the synch circuitry.

Could anyone suggest what parts I should check or replace please?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

[email protected] November 27th 11 08:40 PM

On Nov 26, 11:57*am, wrote:
Hi

I've got a Panasonic TX24DX1 tv with the Euro 4 chassis. *There is
slight cogging on the verticals, which I think may be caused by a
fault (capacitor?) in the synch circuitry.

Could anyone suggest what parts I should check or replace please?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Speak american english please forf the best possible response. What
is cogging?????

Phil Allison[_2_] November 28th 11 12:45 AM

Panasonic Euro 4 Cogging - Please help

I've got a Panasonic TX24DX1 tv with the Euro 4 chassis. There is
slight cogging on the verticals, which I think may be caused by a
fault (capacitor?) in the synch circuitry.

Speak american english please forf the best possible response. What
is cogging?????

** Vertical edges are not smooth, but have steps or cogs in them.

Think of a cog wheel.

http://www.clker.com/clipart-cog-cog...r-zahnrad.html

.... Phil

[email protected] November 28th 11 06:52 AM

On Nov 28, 12:45*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:

I've got a Panasonic TX24DX1 tv with the Euro 4 chassis. There is
slight cogging on the verticals, which I think may be caused by a
fault (capacitor?) in the synch circuitry.

Speak american english please forf the best possible response. *What
is cogging?????

** Vertical edges are not smooth, but have steps or cogs in them.

* *Think of a cog wheel.

* *http://www.clker.com/clipart-cog-cog...r-zahnrad.html

... *Phil

Thanks Phil.

Here is a link showing the effect on an old TV, mine is not as bad as
this but you get the idea.

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/a...chmentid=45534

On old sets it is often caused by a leaky capacitor in the synch
separator, which is not too hard to find.

Paul