Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default JFET identification

Hi all,

Looking for a datasheet or any info on a FET used in a Keithley 2000
location Q105. The service manual lists it as:
TRANS, N CHANNEL JFET, SNJ132199(SOT-23)

It is marked with three digits "132". Can't seem to find any data at all
on the device.

Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JW wrote:

Hi all,

Looking for a datasheet or any info on a FET used in a Keithley 2000
location Q105. The service manual lists it as:
TRANS, N CHANNEL JFET, SNJ132199(SOT-23)

It is marked with three digits "132". Can't seem to find any data at all
on the device.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's tough trying to match up a JET if the pin off voltage is a
critical part of the circuit. Also on top of that, it could be used as a
current source which makes it just as tricky.

I recently repaired a analog PID board that another tech repaired in
the past. They replaced the JFET switch that is in the output that
effectively turns the PID loop on/off. The way it is set in there, the
gate pinch off voltage must fall in the range of 1 to 5 volts(-) and the
tech put a NTExxx replacement in. That was a bad call. The NTE
replacement had a gate pinch off voltage of 5..10V-. This circuit only
had -5 max to play with. Needless to say, it wouldn't switch properly
50% of the time. so wee went shopping for the original replacement,
TO-92 package. guess what, I couldn't find any but I did find one that
had the Gate voltage that I needed and the Idss was even better than the
original.. So we go those. They are like gold these days!

One friendly warning, beware of using NTE parts in critical areas.
They don't always work.

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 13:45:55 -0500 Jamie
t wrote in Message id:
:

JW wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that. I think I'll try giving Keithley a call, maybe I'll get
lucky...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

:

wrote in Message id:
:

JW wrote:

[...]

Or not. They'll sell me the $2 part, but with a $150 minimum. They claim
this part is made to Keithley spec (!). They also offered the following
info:

"I also show that we purchased these (which were not made to KI spec)
Interfet SJN132280
Fairchild Semiconductor 5149B51374A
Fairchild Semiconductor 5149_NB51374B"

I was unable to find any datasheets or stock on any of them. *sigh*

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

t wrote in Message id:
:

JW wrote:

[...]

More than likely a standard fet in fairchild list of JFETS with a custom
number on it for them. This is done very often to force you to
use their service centers or to force you to buy new from them. However,
buying new would mean they have a good product!

THe last company I can remember that made custom things for their
products were people like Tektronics and I know there are a slew of
others that do that for undisclosed customers.

If you had a schematic with voltages and basic functions as to what
it does, it would be easy to come up with a replacement.

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

t wrote in Message id:
:

JW wrote:

[...]

haha, what assholes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/26/2011 7:51 AM, JW wrote:
Hi all,

Looking for a datasheet or any info on a FET used in a Keithley 2000
location Q105. The service manual lists it as:
TRANS, N CHANNEL JFET, SNJ132199(SOT-23)

It is marked with three digits "132". Can't seem to find any data at all
on the device.

Thanks.

Wild guess

Interfet IF1320?

JC

JFET biasing problem Dave Electronic Schematics 10 May 29th 10 04:45 PM
Grounded gate JFET. ian field[_2_] Electronic Schematics 4 May 14th 10 05:24 AM
Dual N-channel JFET substitute for Keithley 617? JW Electronics Repair 17 June 23rd 08 12:33 PM
Bug identification clifto Home Repair 1 August 10th 07 06:10 AM
IC identification [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 May 8th 07 04:28 PM