Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharp GF 990G ghetto blaster

I will be renovating one of these next week, owner from new, was told only
100 came into the UK, probably 1982 from numerous IC "2.." datecodes. What
is the use for the "sound processor" as no display, but seems to have its
own 3V batteries for memory retention.
http://i32.tinypic.com/10d6yxx.jpg
The front comes away easily as do the 2 tape decks, hopefully just perished
rubber bands and minor owner-mangling problems

whole blaster
http://www.audiocircuit.com/A-Images...990-G____-F-00
1-932-SHH.jpg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If it is 1982 it uses a very early minidin connector, 8 way, to connect the
umbilical to the music processor (not sound processor)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
I will be renovating one of these next week, owner from new, was told only
100 came into the UK, probably 1982 from numerous IC "2.." datecodes. What
is the use for the "sound processor" as no display, but seems to have its
own 3V batteries for memory retention.
http://i32.tinypic.com/10d6yxx.jpg
The front comes away easily as do the 2 tape decks, hopefully just
perished
rubber bands and minor owner-mangling problems

Here it is in action.
Can't see the point really, who wanted to have this five minute wonder
"feature"?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBIsIltlphs

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:19:06 -0000, "N_Cook"
wrote:

I will be renovating one of these next week, owner from new, was told only
100 came into the UK, probably 1982 from numerous IC "2.." datecodes. What
is the use for the "sound processor" as no display, but seems to have its
own 3V batteries for memory retention.
http://i32.tinypic.com/10d6yxx.jpg
The front comes away easily as do the 2 tape decks, hopefully just perished
rubber bands and minor owner-mangling problems

whole blaster
http://www.audiocircuit.com/A-Images...990-G____-F-00
1-932-SHH.jpg

I was working for a retailer that sold the large Sharp boom boxes in
1982 and never heard of this model. Were these sold in the U.S? Chuck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I will be renovating one of these next week, owner from new, was told

only
100 came into the UK, probably 1982 from numerous IC "2.." datecodes.

What
is the use for the "sound processor" as no display, but seems to have its
own 3V batteries for memory retention.
http://i32.tinypic.com/10d6yxx.jpg
The front comes away easily as do the 2 tape decks, hopefully just

perished
rubber bands and minor owner-mangling problems

whole blaster

http://www.audiocircuit.com/A-Images...-990-G____-F-0

0
1-932-SHH.jpg

I was working for a retailer that sold the large Sharp boom boxes in
1982 and never heard of this model. Were these sold in the U.S? Chuck

Surprisingly few hits on Google so presumably rare. Latest date found was
number
..21224-A on a Sharp deck motor , presumably Dec 1982 , so shipped 1983.
Other motor had .21127-A

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Back working again with all 7 bands replaced with new silicone rubber bands.
I wonder how long they will last. I read last week that silicone rubber is
not as tolerant of cyclic loading, which dynamic use of this material I
suppose is so, especially around the smaller drive bobbins