Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Standby voltage

Hi!
I need to know if there is supposed to be 5 Volts on the control board on
Visio TV MDL VW37LHDTV20A
Thank you for any info I can get.
Vince

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Vince Schmitt wrote:
Hi!
I need to know if there is supposed to be 5 Volts on the control board
on Visio TV MDL VW37LHDTV20A
Thank you for any info I can get.
Vince

Can't tell you anything about that model,
but
any device capable of doing anything while in standby, like turn it on with
a remote, must have power somewhere...control board is a likely place.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:23:45 -0800, mike put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Vince Schmitt wrote:
Hi!
I need to know if there is supposed to be 5 Volts on the control board
on Visio TV MDL VW37LHDTV20A
Thank you for any info I can get.
Vince

Can't tell you anything about that model, but
any device capable of doing anything while in standby, like turn it on with
a remote, must have power somewhere...control board is a likely place.

Good point. I'd look for the remote sensor, usually a 3-pin device.
Standard pinout would be Gnd, Vcc, Output, not necessarily in that
order.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:10:47 -0700, "Vince Schmitt"
wrote:

Hi!
I need to know if there is supposed to be 5 Volts on the control board on
Visio TV MDL VW37LHDTV20A
Thank you for any info I can get.
Vince

Vizio USUALLY uses a 5 volt standby supply. Many manufacturers label
the connetor pins on the output side of the power supply. Something
like 5VSB is a solid clue that is the standby supply voltage.

PlainBill