Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Icemaker in Kenmore fridge...

Doesn't work. *Looks* like the water inlet valve, which delivers water to
the icemaker system, is frozen. Has 25VAC applied to it, and the solonoid
has continuity, but there is no water flow to the icemaker. Should it be
possible to repair this part? Kenmore fridge model 106.74932400 part#
2315576. I honestly doesn't look like it comes apart, but there is always
hope. Otherwise I'll call the home warranty co. and let them deal with
it. Won't cost much more than the actual part...

Thanks.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Doesn't work. *Looks* like the water inlet valve, which delivers water to
the icemaker system, is frozen. Has 25VAC applied to it, and the solonoid
has continuity, but there is no water flow to the icemaker. Should it be
possible to repair this part? Kenmore fridge model 106.74932400 part#
2315576. I honestly doesn't look like it comes apart, but there is always
hope. Otherwise I'll call the home warranty co. and let them deal with
it. Won't cost much more than the actual part...

Thanks.

Dave

Just realized, I wasn't clear. The valve is outside the freezer, and
appears to be *stuck*. Sorry...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...

Doesn't work. *Looks* like the water inlet valve, which delivers water to
the icemaker system, is frozen. Has 25VAC applied to it, and the solonoid
has continuity, but there is no water flow to the icemaker. Should it be
possible to repair this part? Kenmore fridge model 106.74932400 part#
2315576. I honestly doesn't look like it comes apart, but there is always
hope. Otherwise I'll call the home warranty co. and let them deal with
it. Won't cost much more than the actual part...

Thanks.

Dave

Just realized, I wasn't clear. The valve is outside the freezer, and
appears to be *stuck*. Sorry...

don't feel so bad, I have a 3k Professional Stainless steel fridge and
the water filler now only comes on when it feels like. It must be the
switch because I have to keep pushing the glass on the lever before the
light comes and the valve opens to fill.

It otherwise works ok to keep the ice maker full.
I will look at it one of these days or just buy another fridge.

Jamie