Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sound on hdmi output video card

I am looking for a video card with hdmi output
which allows me to run the sound out along with
the hdmi cable. I prefer Nvidia but I will take
anything. The cards I have require separate
video and sound cables.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 5, 10:59*am, root wrote:
I am looking for a video card with hdmi output
which allows me to run the sound out along with
the hdmi cable. I prefer Nvidia but I will take
anything. The cards I have require separate
video and sound cables.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Possibly ATI as well The embedded ATI chips on my Gigabyte boards will
embed the audio in the data stream but ISTR there is a boot sequence
that complicates things. The Magnavox TV had to be on and have the
video input selected before the PC turned on so that the 2 boxes did
their 'handshake' and enabled the audio. I have not tried embedded
audio with the newer LG set. Since the PC turns itself on every night
for recording regardless of the TV status, I found it easier and fool
proof to run the audio analog.