DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Marantz PMD222 cassette recorder (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/331408-marantz-pmd222-cassette-recorder.html)

hifi-tek November 5th 11 05:44 PM

Marantz PMD222 cassette recorder

I have a PMD222 cassette recorder with a motor no run problem. I have
cleaned all the switch contacts,no help. Unsoldered the motor leads, put 3
volts on them, motor runs fine. Does anyone have a schematic for the motor
control board or the whole recorder? Help! Thanks, Tom

N_Cook November 5th 11 06:37 PM

Marantz PMD222 cassette recorder

hifi-tek wrote in message
m...
I have a PMD222 cassette recorder with a motor no run problem. I have
cleaned all the switch contacts,no help. Unsoldered the motor leads, put 3
volts on them, motor runs fine. Does anyone have a schematic for the motor
control board or the whole recorder? Help! Thanks, Tom

But is one of the leaf switches bent a bit, especially the tape-in one that
users can easily upset. Then check any transistor that passes current to the
motor

abrsvc November 7th 11 12:52 PM

Marantz PMD222 cassette recorder

On Nov 5, 1:37*pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
hifi-tek wrote in message

m...

I have a PMD222 cassette recorder with a motor no run problem. I have
cleaned all the switch contacts,no help. Unsoldered the motor leads, put 3
volts on them, motor runs fine. Does anyone have a schematic for the motor
control board or the whole recorder? Help! Thanks, *Tom

But is one of the leaf switches bent a bit, especially the tape-in one that
users can easily upset. Then check any transistor that passes current to the
motor

Navigate the following link to get to the service area and request the
manual. Parts are also available.

Dan

Link: http://www.superscopetechnologies.com/t-about.aspx