DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   VHIPST600K/-1 Reset IC by Sharp (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/331270-vhipst600k-1-reset-ic-sharp.html)

N_Cook November 2nd 11 12:27 PM

VHIPST600K/-1 Reset IC by Sharp

Randomly resetting a micro. No useful info found TO92 device anyone hazard
an idea of spec ? hold off for how long ? Could this be a hybrid
construction with some electrolyted device inside. ? A lot of green
corrossion from something that would seem to have leaked from inside this
device, encrustation on the underside of its body and then green corrossion
products associated with copper jumpers etc nearby

N_Cook November 2nd 11 12:37 PM

VHIPST600K/-1 Reset IC by Sharp

VHI prefix product code for Mitsumi device PST600K, data found , no mention
of a
liquid inside. Anyone come across a corrossive liquid break down product,
from old age or whatever?

abrsvc November 2nd 11 02:43 PM

On Nov 2, 8:37*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
VHI prefix product code for Mitsumi device PST600K, data found , no mention
of a
liquid inside. Anyone come across a corrossive liquid break down product,
from old age or whatever?

What did this come from? I can look up by mode and part number. Also
include the circuit designation if you can.

Thx,
Dan

N_Cook November 2nd 11 03:34 PM

abrsvc wrote in message
On Nov 2, 8:37 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
VHI prefix product code for Mitsumi device PST600K, data found , no

mention
of a
liquid inside. Anyone come across a corrossive liquid break down product,
from old age or whatever?

What did this come from? I can look up by mode and part number. Also
include the circuit designation if you can.

Thx,
Dan

+++++

It is in a 1998 Sharp VC MH711 vcr with a favoured feature so repair rather
than any old replacement. It is IC703 5V, 2.5V trigger. I'm more intrigued
where this liquid came from, down the legs of the device and then pooled
around it on the pcb. No hole in th e case above it anywhere for any user
spilt liquid to gain entry