Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Any TV experts here?

Any TV experts here?

I'll post my question if there are!

This TV: Sony Bravia KDL 32EX503U
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"~BD~" wrote in message
Any TV experts here?

I'll post my question if there are!

This TV: Sony Bravia KDL 32EX503U

There isn't really any such thing, these days. You take a flatscreen TV, and
you do what you can with it, based on experience. A lot of the time, its a
case of going down the manufacturers' preferred route, of board swapping.
That said, power supplies and backlight inverters are often repairable. So
what's the problem ? Good possibility that someone on here might know the
answer, or be able to point you in the right direction. If you never
actually ask the question, you'll never actually know ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/31/2011 3:21 PM, ~BD~ wrote:
Any TV experts here?

I'll post my question if there are!

This TV: Sony Bravia KDL 32EX503U

I got quite good on repairing Philco 16 inch, black,and white, TVs back
in 1950s

Bill K7NOM
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/31/2011 9:41 PM, bill wrote:
On 10/31/2011 3:21 PM, ~BD~ wrote:
Any TV experts here?

I'll post my question if there are!

This TV: Sony Bravia KDL 32EX503U

I got quite good on repairing Philco 16 inch, black,and white, TVs back
in 1950s

Bill K7NOM

Nowadays, aren't most TV's a computer driven monitor.
Mikek :-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It was working fine, then didn't work? This suggests a possible change in
reception conditions. You should definitely swap the sets, as suggested.

However...

You've lost SD reception (SD being 625-line PAL), but not HD, right? As far
as I know, SD and HD use separate tuners. (I think.) I could be that the SD
tuner has gone out.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommer******"

You've lost SD reception (SD being 625-line PAL), but not HD, right? As
far
as I know, SD and HD use separate tuners. (I think.) I could be that the
SD
tuner has gone out.

** The RF stages do not change with SD and HD.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You've lost SD reception (SD being 625-line PAL), but not HD,
right? As far as I know, SD and HD use separate tuners. (I think.)
I could be that the SD tuner has gone out.

** The RF stages do not change with SD and HD.

Do you mean just the front end, or the IF section, too?

Given his description, it's hard to believe it was caused only by a change
in signal level.

We'll have a better when he swaps the sets.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 20:44:23 +1100, Phil Allison wrote:

** Wot a ****wit.

I am consantly impressed with your erudite contribution to this ng.

Any P-38 experts around? steamer Metalworking 11 September 15th 10 01:21 PM
Any P-38 experts around? Bob La Londe[_5_] Metalworking 0 September 13th 10 04:01 PM
Any RF experts about? PCPaul UK diy 10 May 1st 09 07:09 PM
Need an experts help Chewbacca Home Repair 0 August 8th 06 03:35 PM
[OT] Any XP experts around? Terry Pinnell Electronics Repair 6 October 10th 04 11:06 PM