DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   home-brew Freon TF substitutes? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/330981-re-home-brew-freon-tf-substitutes.html)

Jim Yanik October 25th 11 11:06 PM

home-brew Freon TF substitutes?

gregz wrote in news:326610463341166402.448206zekor-
:

Jeff Layman wrote:
On 24/10/2011 13:33, Nomen Nescio wrote:
I last saw this in the mid 1990s. I knew a warehouse that still
had some drums hidden away...
Bloody best cleaner ever. Although some liked Genklene,
now also banned.
There are some commercial spray cleaners that claim to be
almost as good. I would like something in bulk for dipping
computer boards. Isopropyl alchohol is suggested by some,
but has 9% water usually.

Not sure where you are, but isopropyl alcohol is usually available 99.9%
pure, with a negligible water content.

And by the time it's dried, it's picked up a lot of water.

Greg

Mass Air Flow sensor cleaner,available at Wal-Mart of auto stores.
CRC makes a spray can of it. # 05110

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik