DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Clean up and polishing (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/330409-clean-up-polishing.html)

Robert Macy[_2_] October 10th 11 01:36 PM

Clean up and polishing

Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use next to
glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

Baron[_4_] October 10th 11 04:48 PM

Clean up and polishing

Robert Macy Inscribed thus:

Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use next to
glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

Cheap toothpaste works for me !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Michael A. Terrell October 10th 11 05:31 PM

Clean up and polishing

Baron wrote:

Robert Macy Inscribed thus:

Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use next to
glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

Cheap toothpaste works for me !

How cheap? I bought six cases of 24 tubes for a dollar a case. I
donated it to a local group that helps homeless Veterans.

Baron[_4_] October 10th 11 06:57 PM

Clean up and polishing

Michael A. Terrell Inscribed thus:

Baron wrote:

Robert Macy Inscribed thus:

Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use next
to glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

Cheap toothpaste works for me !

How cheap? I bought six cases of 24 tubes for a dollar a case. I
donated it to a local group that helps homeless Veterans.

I was inferring a "no name" brand...

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Arfa Daily October 11th 11 01:07 AM

Clean up and polishing

"Robert Macy" wrote in message
Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use next to
glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

We have a lot of 'brushed' finish stainless in the wife's food business, and
they keep that looking nice by first wiping over with warm soapy water, and
when dried off, wiping with baby oil. Leaves a really nice lustrous-looking
finish that tends to resist getting dirty again, for some time.

Arfa

Michael A. Terrell October 11th 11 04:13 AM

Clean up and polishing

Baron wrote:

Michael A. Terrell Inscribed thus:

Baron wrote:

Robert Macy Inscribed thus:

Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use next
to glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

Cheap toothpaste works for me !

How cheap? I bought six cases of 24 tubes for a dollar a case. I
donated it to a local group that helps homeless Veterans.

I was inferring a "no name" brand...

I've never seen any with no name. ;-)

Baron[_4_] October 11th 11 07:17 PM

Clean up and polishing

Baron wrote:

Michael A. Terrell Inscribed thus:

Baron wrote:

Robert Macy Inscribed thus:

Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use
next to glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

Cheap toothpaste works for me !

How cheap? I bought six cases of 24 tubes for a dollar a case.
donated it to a local group that helps homeless Veterans.

I was inferring a "no name" brand...

I've never seen any with no name. ;-)

Doh ! Back to cheap...

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Michael A. Terrell October 11th 11 07:38 PM

Clean up and polishing

Baron wrote:

Michael A. Terrell Inscribed thus:

Baron wrote:

Robert Macy Inscribed thus:

Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use
next to glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

Cheap toothpaste works for me !

How cheap? I bought six cases of 24 tubes for a dollar a case.
donated it to a local group that helps homeless Veterans.

I was inferring a "no name" brand...

I've never seen any with no name. ;-)

Doh ! Back to cheap...

Cheap seems to be a theme around here. :)

Charles October 11th 11 10:11 PM

Clean up and polishing

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

"Robert Macy" wrote in message
Any recommendation for a 'great' stainless steel polish to use next to
glass and plastic?

I found those consumer ones streak the SS, and worse, score the
plastics.

We have a lot of 'brushed' finish stainless in the wife's food business, and
they keep that looking nice by first wiping over with warm soapy water, and
when dried off, wiping with baby oil. Leaves a really nice lustrous-looking
finish that tends to resist getting dirty again, for some time.

WD-40 also works well.