Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bosch washing machine - reset procedure

Hello,

Please can anyone tell me the reset procedure for a Bosch Exxcel 1400
washing machine? It keeps stopping at random intervals. Sometimes it
restarts when left for a while, other times after being switched off and on
at the mains supply. The problem began after power was removed while it was
working.

Many thanks in advance - this will contribute much to domestic harmony!

James
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 9, 6:24Â*am, James wrote:
Hello,

Please can anyone tell me the reset procedure for a Bosch Exxcel 1400
washing machine? It keeps stopping at random intervals. Sometimes it
restarts when left for a while, other times after being switched off and on
at the mains supply. The problem began after power was removed while it was
working.

Here's a procedure for one Bosch Exxcel:

Terminating the programme
(Reset)
€“ Simultaneously press programme
buttons# and3
for approx. 3 sec.
€“ The programme sequence lasts
approx. 1 min. On the digital
display8 €¹ is indicated.
€“ Switch off the main switch(.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 08:39:04 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888 wrote:

On Oct 9, 6:24Â*am, James wrote:
Hello,

Please can anyone tell me the reset procedure for a Bosch Exxcel 1400
washing machine? It keeps stopping at random intervals. Sometimes it
restarts when left for a while, other times after being switched off and on
at the mains supply. The problem began after power was removed while it was
working.

Here's a procedure for one Bosch Exxcel:

Terminating the programme
(Reset)
€“ Simultaneously press programme
buttons# and3
for approx. 3 sec.
€“ The programme sequence lasts
approx. 1 min. On the digital
display8 €¹ is indicated.
€“ Switch off the main switch(.

This model doesn't appear to have those buttons - most of the programming
is by a knob and the buttons a Start, Reduced ironing, Rinse plus, and
Reduced time. I've tried pressing all combinations of two of these, and all
combinations of three of them, for 3 seconds, with no effect. So, thank you
and I'm grateful for your contribution, but it must be for a different
model.
James
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I'm going to suggest something potentially dangerous.

Turn the machine on and pull out the plug while it's running.

I've owned at least three products for which this cleared a lockup.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 9, 6:24Â*am, James wrote:
[...]

You can download a .pdf once you know the E-number. Find the E-number
per the procedure on this web page, then navigate to the product
manual download page, input the E-number, and you will be enjoying
your proper manual's reset instructions in no time.

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer...te-finder.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 9, 6:24Â*am, James wrote:
[...]

Thanks to both spamtrap1888 and to William Sommerwerck. I've tried both
suggestions, but no success. The manuals from Bosch don't give a reset
procedure (I suppose that would be in a repair manual, but isn't in the
user manuals). I've also tried switching it off a few times while running,
but no improvement. Think what I need is a reset procedure that might be in
a repair manual...
James
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 9, 6:24 am, James wrote:
[...]

Just a thought. On consumer items like hifi's and DVDs, the reset procedure
often involves holding in a button, or combination of buttons, whilst
applying power. Usually, the buttons have to be held for several seconds,
and then some message will come up in the display, or a combination of LEDs
will indicate that a reset has taken place. Sometimes, the reset sequence is
not actioned, until the button(s) are let go.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Press spin and time delay buttons together for few second
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 9:24:38 AM UTC-4, James wrote:
Hello,

Please can anyone tell me the reset procedure for a Bosch Exxcel 1400
washing machine?

First: Manual he

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bosc...hrome&ie=UTF-8

We have a Bosch dishwasher - and early on, it glitched similar to what you have experienced. Bosch Factory Service (1-800-944-2904) told us, as follows:

Unplug/remove power from the unit.
Press and hold the START button for thirty (30) seconds. Wait thirty seconds and repeat (do not plug in).

Wait thirty seconds, then plug in. It worked, and the unit has been trouble-free for nearly nine years of average twice-weekly use.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
On Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 9:24:38 AM UTC-4, James wrote:
Hello,

Please can anyone tell me the reset procedure for a Bosch Exxcel 1400
washing machine?

First: Manual he

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bosc...hrome&ie=UTF-8

We have a Bosch dishwasher - and early on, it glitched similar to what you have experienced. Bosch Factory Service (1-800-944-2904) told us, as follows:

Unplug/remove power from the unit.
Press and hold the START button for thirty (30) seconds. Wait thirty seconds and repeat (do not plug in).

Wait thirty seconds, then plug in. It worked, and the unit has been trouble-free for nearly nine years of average twice-weekly use.

Do you think he is still waiting for a reply, after six years?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote on 11/1/2017 1:43 PM:
On Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 9:24:38 AM UTC-4, James wrote:
Hello,

Please can anyone tell me the reset procedure for a Bosch Exxcel 1400
washing machine?

First: Manual he

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bosc...hrome&ie=UTF-8

We have a Bosch dishwasher - and early on, it glitched similar to what you have experienced. Bosch Factory Service (1-800-944-2904) told us, as follows:

Unplug/remove power from the unit.
Press and hold the START button for thirty (30) seconds. Wait thirty seconds and repeat (do not plug in).

Wait thirty seconds, then plug in. It worked, and the unit has been trouble-free for nearly nine years of average twice-weekly use.

Good thing they don't build cars that way... or do they? Jack up the right
front wheel for 30 seconds, then let it down for 30 seconds and finally jack
it up again for 30 seconds. Wait 30 seconds more before starting the car.

All that to save adding a reset button under the dash board.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Wow to reset my Bosch Maxx 6 washing machine
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Others are