Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic Home theater unit - mods?

Hi All,

I have a PanasonicSAHT670 that has worked well for quite a few years.
Recently the 5-DVD changer has begun jamming. I could get a
replacement for about 80-bucks but it is a major tear down as the
replacement does not come with the DVD accessing components. I have
begun to disassemble and it ain't going to be simple with hundreds of
parts.

So I thought I would just leave the changer out and use it as the
amplifier and add a DVD player (also Panasonic) I used with an amp,
before buying the Home Theater version.

Unfortunately the unit needs a sequence of signals from the changer as
all I get is "wait" on the display. The changer has several limit
switches which I have tried taping shut but it seems the unit may need
a sequence before moving on from the "Wait" as no combination of
switches lets it move on. It is not locked up as when I hit the "stand-
by" button it goes through the normal shut down process and says
"Goodbye."

Anyone have any suggestion how to make this work without the changer?

Thanks in advance.

I am also posting another question with an alternative. The Subject
for that is "Mix and match speaker impedance"

I am cross-posting to "sci.electronics.repair" (got yelled at here the
last time I duplicated a post at "repair" and didn't cross-post
instead) Hope I got it right this time.

Dave