DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LCD TV backlight stays on (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/328181-lcd-tv-backlight-stays.html)

Jamie September 6th 11 09:18 PM

LCD TV backlight stays on

JK wrote:

When the set is powered-off, the backlight on my 5-year old 19" Westinghouse
(LTV-19w6) LCD TV no longer shuts-off.

When the set is unplugged, the backlight (of course) shuts-off. It stays off
when plugged back in.

It's probably a component failure and not worth fixing.

But, perhaps it's a simple software issue... does anyone know how to access
this sets "service adjustment mode"? -- assuming it has one.

Thanks for any info!

.

Do you hear a relay drop out when you pull the plug? If so, you have a
leaky transistor or circuit around it has a failure to not fully turn
off the power relay.

Jamie

Meat Plow[_6_] September 6th 11 11:06 PM

LCD TV backlight stays on

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:59:25 -0500, JK wrote:

When the set is powered-off, the backlight on my 5-year old 19"
Westinghouse (LTV-19w6) LCD TV no longer shuts-off.

When the set is unplugged, the backlight (of course) shuts-off. It
stays off when plugged back in.

It's probably a component failure and not worth fixing.

But, perhaps it's a simple software issue... does anyone know how to
access this sets "service adjustment mode"? -- assuming it has one.

Thanks for any info!

.

Have a Dell 19" monitor that does the same thing. We just unplug it and
then plug it back in and the backlight remains off. I'm not going to ****
with it, it's 7 years old and will be replaced but kept as a spare.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse