Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default tv vertical deflection problem MAGNUM PT2 chassis

Should have been an easy repair, this.
TV is a mid 90s MAGNUM 5520 VT, PT2 CHASSIS . A supermarket (german
Aldi) special I believe.
It came to me a couple of years ago with sound but no picture.
Increasing g2 gave thin horizontal line, frame collapse.

changed the IC, a new TDA 3653B (which is now fitted.)
checked/replaced all the components in the supply to the frame chip
(TDA 3653B). +26V rock solid on pin 6 and 9.

(FYI;: frame chip data: http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...TDA3653B.shtml
TV PT2 schematic : http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...7/_Magnum.html
)

the problem is still the same. checked key resistors near IC, all in
spec.
now , question is how to check for vertical impulses without a scope.
It could also be the new IC was duff, but will pursue other avenues
first. I am also beginning to think that last time I opned this et 2
yrs or more ago, I may have put in a TDA 3653B in place of a TDA 3653
- not sure what was originally there and I may have got paranoid, not
sure how critical this is anyway.
In any case, the tv schematic and the TDA 3653B do not seem to tally
too closely pinouts.

would appreciate any ideas.
reards, B

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 10:57:44 -0700 (PDT), b
wrote:

[...]

Check or replace electrolytic capacitors in the vertical circuit.
Chuck