Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tek 465

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tek1.html

--
Cheers,
WB

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
. com...
Just bought a Tek 2246 on the 'Bay. This means the 465 will probably need
to be sold, assuming the new one is OK and all.

I would entertain serious offers from the good folks who know me here on
the Group (USA only, please) prior to putting it up on eBay.

Probably about 175.00 plus freight.

Yes, this is the same 'scope Mr. Yanik helped me with recently. Replaced
a bad bridge rectifier.

Everything works great, bright sharp trace, no burns. Physical condition
very good, nothing bent or broken, minor scuffs around the case but not
involving the face. I have several versions of the manuals etc on PDF.

Any questions please ask.

Thanks.

Mark Z.

--
"I can't die until the government finds a safe place to bury my liver."

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
Dunno if the need will arise, but Sphere in Canada has a lot of online
info wrt Tek equipment (and numerous other brands) parts, parts
cross-reference lists, etc.

Yeah - this is where I got that sweep logic IC the last time my 465 broke.
About 60.00 plus frt. Grrr.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in
. com:

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
Dunno if the need will arise, but Sphere in Canada has a lot of
online info wrt Tek equipment (and numerous other brands) parts,
parts cross-reference lists, etc.

Yeah - this is where I got that sweep logic IC the last time my 465
broke. About 60.00 plus frt. Grrr.

Mark Z.

IIRC,that is cheaper than TEK sold it(new stock).
155-0049-02,right?

What I wonder is where all the stock TEK had on hand went to when they made
the 400 series obsolete? TEK's Recycling store?

I know some small part of it went to an employee instead of the trash where
it was supposed to go. TEK throws out a lot of old parts(instead of
"close-out" batch-selling them to 3rd parties),and takes a tax writeoff on
them.
But I knew one guy who instead had it all boxed up and took it home,after
one Service Center bench stock purge.
If I had tried that,I'd have been fired.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...
"Mark Zacharias" wrote in
. com:

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
Dunno if the need will arise, but Sphere in Canada has a lot of
online info wrt Tek equipment (and numerous other brands) parts,
parts cross-reference lists, etc.

Yeah - this is where I got that sweep logic IC the last time my 465
broke. About 60.00 plus frt. Grrr.

Mark Z.

IIRC,that is cheaper than TEK sold it(new stock).
155-0049-02,right?

Don't remember the part number...

What I wonder is where all the stock TEK had on hand went to when they
made
the 400 series obsolete? TEK's Recycling store?

I know some small part of it went to an employee instead of the trash
where
it was supposed to go. TEK throws out a lot of old parts(instead of
"close-out" batch-selling them to 3rd parties),and takes a tax writeoff on
them.
But I knew one guy who instead had it all boxed up and took it home,after
one Service Center bench stock purge.
If I had tried that,I'd have been fired.

Or arrested...

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Just a quick note to thank you for your help and interesting comments,
history, etc.

Mark Z.