Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default t.v. volume remains static.

Panasonic t.v., TC 20RA10LP.I replaced the audio ic ,an7523n,and the
t.v
now has sound but the sound/volume remains at one pitch. whenever I
press
the volume button whether up/down the volume remains same but
whenever it
reaches 0 on the volume display on the screen you won't hear the
volume.
what is wrong here ?
N:B There is no bridges across the ic pins.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

NB: There is no bridges across the IC pins.

1. The new chip is defective. --or--
2. This problem existed before you replaced the chip. --or--
3. You damaged something when you removed the old chip or soldered in the
new one. --or--
4. There really is a solder bridge across two of the IC pins (or elsewhere).

Always keep in mind what Sherlock Holmes said.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:
wrote in message

NB: There is no bridges across the IC pins.

1. The new chip is defective. --or--
2. This problem existed before you replaced the chip. --or--
3. You damaged something when you removed the old chip or soldered in the
new one. --or--
4. There really is a solder bridge across two of the IC pins (or elsewhere).

Always keep in mind what Sherlock Holmes said.

Quite so.

"Madam, I need you to remain calm. Trust me, I'm a professional
and beneath this pillow lies the key to my release."

--Winston

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 29, 9:55*am, wrote:
*Panasonic t.v., TC 20RA10LP.I replaced the audio ic ,an7523n,and the
t.v
*now has sound but the sound/volume remains at one pitch. *whenever I
press
*the volume button whether up/down the volume remains same but
whenever it
*reaches 0 on the volume display on the screen you won't hear the
volume.
*what is wrong here ?
* N:B *There is no bridges across the ic pins.

Look for a voltage variation on pin 9(DC VOL) as you turn volume up
and down. The new IC seems to be working else it wouldn't mute at
volume zero.
Google groupers have brains too.
Jango
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"jango2" wrote in message
On Aug 29, 9:55 am, wrote:
Panasonic t.v., TC 20RA10LP.I replaced the audio ic ,an7523n,and the
t.v
now has sound but the sound/volume remains at one pitch. whenever I
press
the volume button whether up/down the volume remains same but
whenever it
reaches 0 on the volume display on the screen you won't hear the
volume.
what is wrong here ?
N:B There is no bridges across the ic pins.

Look for a voltage variation on pin 9(DC VOL) as you turn volume up
and down. The new IC seems to be working else it wouldn't mute at
volume zero.
Google groupers have brains too.
Jango

Some Panasonics in the past were very critical of factory-original IC's. I
once had a Pan portable as a test set in the workshop. It had a failed field
chip when it first became mine. I recall replacing it with one of the same
basic number out of the stock drawer, but the set never did work right, with
all sorts of beam limiter problems as the brightness of scenes varied.
Eventually, on the advice of a colleague who'd come across this before, I
ordered in a genuine replacement from Pan. After fitting this, it worked
just fine.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

jango2 wrote:

Google groupers have brains too.

Is that a new feature for Google Groups? ;-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 1, 6:18*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"jango2" wrote in message

On Aug 29, 9:55 am, wrote:
[...]

Chinese fakes and near equivalents printed on to meet unavailable
requirements, it's already tough for us with component sizes being
shrunk down to mils, dealing with this crap from the unscrupulous
Chinese puts a dent in your wallet.