DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Black Body Information and For Sale (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/327787-black-body-information-sale.html)

Joe Smith[_4_] August 28th 11 04:36 PM

Black Body Information and For Sale

I know this is not a For Sale Group,,,what I really need is information,,then perhaps I can do the forsale thing on a physics,forum/place// For years I have collected alumunium ,copper,nickel magnesium..I do Govt Auctions online,,,I have bought some cheap and crazy stuff thru the years,,This Black Body (so named on Faceplate) seems to be complete,,the information says Serial
# 25,,,,Model#1945,,,,,,it has four sets of slits ...on the radiator.the smallest about 2/3 long ,,the largest about an inch and half (I measured with my finger knuckles)...the calibration sticker has a date of 49325
Soon (i hope) my Forge will be complete and I can start melting and pouring,i am in the process of putting what I am going to melt in a pile,,,a little Afraid of the Black Body because magnesium in a Forge is a very BAD thing,,,it burns and burns,and sometimes can sink a bit and explode.
Don't need that fo sho,the Black Body is about a foot square and picking it up it feels like about 10 pounds,,looks to be completely made of an aluminum alloy.Looking for info.
a joe in texas

Jerry Biehler September 8th 11 11:22 PM

On Aug 28, 8:36*am, Joe Smith wrote:
[...]

A black body is used for calibrating Infrared devices like cameras and
sensors. Dont destroy it. Try ebay. Also I know someone who might be
interested in it.

-Jerry

Sylvia Else[_2_] September 9th 11 03:37 PM

On 9/09/2011 8:22 AM, Jerry Biehler wrote:
On Aug 28, 8:36 am, Joe wrote:
[...]

They're (or at least the name is) also used to separate fools from their
money.

http://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html

Sylvia.

Jerry Biehler September 9th 11 05:57 PM

On Aug 28, 8:36 am, Joe *wrote:
[...]

Well, that is a blackbody, but probably not what he has. Probaby
something more like this. A friend recently spent a LOT of money on
one.

http://www.sbir.com/blackbodies.asp

-Jerry

Charles September 9th 11 11:23 PM

On Aug 28, 8:36 am, Joe wrote:
[...]

I wonder if they are owned by Monster cables?