DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CCFL & Inverter problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/327547-ccfl-inverter-problem.html)

benitos[_2_] August 22nd 11 04:37 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

Hi ,

Have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a "no display" symptom.

After checking it, i can notice a very dim picture , the CCFL doesn't
lit.

After opening it , I found that the inverter had a fuse open .

Replace the fuse but after , the computer did not power up.

There was a short on the inverter boards so I replaced it with the
same model.

Now , the computer boots up , CCFL lit for a few seconds but shuts
down after.

Is is possible the the CCFL is bad also ?

Thanks for your help...

Ken[_6_] August 22nd 11 05:21 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

benitos wrote:
Hi ,

Have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a "no display" symptom.

After checking it, i can notice a very dim picture , the CCFL doesn't
lit.

After opening it , I found that the inverter had a fuse open .

Replace the fuse but after , the computer did not power up.

There was a short on the inverter boards so I replaced it with the
same model.

Now , the computer boots up , CCFL lit for a few seconds but shuts
down after.

Is is possible the the CCFL is bad also ?

Thanks for your help...

What model is your Toshiba Satellite??

N_Cook August 22nd 11 05:40 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

benitos wrote in message
Hi ,

Have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a "no display" symptom.

After checking it, i can notice a very dim picture , the CCFL doesn't
lit.

After opening it , I found that the inverter had a fuse open .

Replace the fuse but after , the computer did not power up.

There was a short on the inverter boards so I replaced it with the
same model.

Now , the computer boots up , CCFL lit for a few seconds but shuts
down after.

Is is possible the the CCFL is bad also ?

Thanks for your help...

Any disc ceramic C , leaky, with the tube?

[email protected] August 22nd 11 08:28 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:37:16 -0700 (PDT), benitos
wrote:

Hi ,

Have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a "no display" symptom.

After checking it, i can notice a very dim picture , the CCFL doesn't
lit.

After opening it , I found that the inverter had a fuse open .

Replace the fuse but after , the computer did not power up.

There was a short on the inverter boards so I replaced it with the
same model.

Now , the computer boots up , CCFL lit for a few seconds but shuts
down after.

Is is possible the the CCFL is bad also ?

Thanks for your help...

It's possible. When the image first appears, is there a pinkish hue?
Also, inspect the wires from the inverter to the CCFL carefully.

PlainBill

benitos[_2_] August 22nd 11 10:19 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

wrote:
Hi ,

Have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a "no display" symptom.

After checking it, i can notice a very dim picture , the CCFL doesn't
lit.

After opening it , I found that the inverter had a fuse open .

Replace the fuse but after , the computer did not power up.

There was a short on the inverter boards so I replaced it with the
same model.

Now , the computer boots up , CCFL lit for a few seconds but shuts
down after.

Is is possible the the CCFL is bad also ?

Thanks for your help...

It's possible. *When the image first appears, is there a pinkish hue?
Also, inspect the wires from the inverter to the CCFL carefully.

PlainBill- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -

- Afficher le texte des messages précédents -

Model is P200-MB1

Only half of the CCFL lit (kind of pink) and shuts down.

JW August 23rd 11 10:31 AM

CCFL & Inverter problem

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:19:37 -0700 (PDT) benitos
wrote in Message id:
:

wrote:
[...]

Sounds like it could be a tube. Most inverters have a controller which
will shut down if the load of the tube is not correct. Best to replace
both.

[email protected] August 23rd 11 06:42 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

wrote:
[...]

That indicates the tube is old, and dying. It gets a pinkish tint
and the current rises. Replace the tube and you will have a good
display.

PlainBill

benitos[_2_] August 23rd 11 08:00 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

wrote:
[...]

PlainBill- Hide quoted text -

OK , thank you all.

N_Cook August 24th 11 08:26 AM

CCFL & Inverter problem

wrote:
[...]

Does one inverter supply two tubes? And if disconnecting the problematic
tube , as a proving exercise, do you have to mitigate for overdrive to the
single tube, even for say 5 seconds of proving use?

Franc Zabkar August 24th 11 09:58 AM

CCFL & Inverter problem

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:19:37 -0700 (PDT), benitos
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Model is P200-MB1

FYI, here are circuit diagrams ...

TOSHIBA Satellite P200 P205 - COMPAL LA-3441P ISRAA - REV 0.1.pdf
http://www.4shared.com/get/2082TS5c/...0_P205_-_.html

TOSHIBA Satellite P200 P205 - COMPAL LA-3711P - REV 1.0.pdf
http://www.4shared.com/get/c0cOnc2A/...0_P205_-_.html

- Franc Zabkar

N_Cook August 24th 11 03:32 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:19:37 -0700 (PDT), benitos
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Model is P200-MB1

FYI, here are circuit diagrams ...

TOSHIBA Satellite P200 P205 - COMPAL LA-3441P ISRAA - REV 0.1.pdf
http://www.4shared.com/get/2082TS5c/...0_P205_-_.html

TOSHIBA Satellite P200 P205 - COMPAL LA-3711P - REV 1.0.pdf
http://www.4shared.com/get/c0cOnc2A/...0_P205_-_.html

- Franc Zabkar

Impressive component level schema except not inverter + backlight? in less
than 1.4 Meg pdfs
Control line BKLT references but not what it is controlling AFAICS

[email protected] August 24th 11 07:06 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:26:30 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:
[...]

It varies with the design. I'm more familiar with the full fledged
inverters found in monitors, but it is very common to see one inverter
system driving 4 or even more tubes. The 'system' consists of a
single controller, drivers driving 1 to 6 (or more) transformers, and
each transformer driving one, two or four tubes. The system contains
circuitry which monitors the current through and the voltage across
each tube. The largest single part of the circuit is the transformer,
and even those can be less than 12mm (1/2") on a side.

PlainBill

N_Cook August 25th 11 08:14 AM

CCFL & Inverter problem

wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:26:30 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:
[...]

I was wondering , with a shared inverter, how they avoided possibility of
one tube striking and the other one not .

[email protected] August 25th 11 10:47 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:14:54 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:26:30 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:
[...]

Matched tubes? Good design? Shared transformer designs also have
small capacitors between the hot side of the transformer and each
CCFL.

If you google the part number of many inverter controllers you can
find extensive information on how to design an inverter.

PlainBill

Jim Yanik August 26th 11 02:40 AM

CCFL & Inverter problem

wrote in
:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:14:54 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:26:30 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

.. .

.

[...]

I've read that that cap acts as a short(low-
Z load) until the tube fires,then the tube is lower resistance.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

benitos[_2_] August 31st 11 04:52 PM

CCFL & Inverter problem

wrote:
[...]

Hi , changed the INVERTER and CCFL and samething. Tube lit only half
and shuts down after a few seconds...

Any clue ?