DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   technics SL-XP1A manual (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/327351-technics-sl-xp1a-manual.html)

[email protected] August 16th 11 02:10 PM

technics SL-XP1A manual

Hi all,

I'm looking for the service manual of the portable cd-player Technics SL-XP1A.
This old player is still able to play well some discs, but most of them either
don't play at all or have much noise. I wanted to attempt a realign if I find
the manual.
Other hints welcome.

Best regards

Frank

[email protected] August 17th 11 05:57 PM

technics SL-XP1A manual

On Aug 16, 6:10*am, wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for the service manual of the portable cd-player Technics SL-XP1A.
This old player is still able to play well some discs, but most of them either
don't play at all or have much noise. I wanted to attempt a realign if I find
the manual.
Other hints welcome.

Best regards

Frank

More likely dirt build up in the optics. The top of he lens is one out
of many surfaces in the optic block and cannot be cleaned as you'll
ever get it aligned mechanically. I seriously doubt you have an
electrical alignment issue. And after all that, the lasers wear out
too.

abrsvc August 17th 11 08:28 PM

technics SL-XP1A manual

On Aug 17, 12:57*pm, wrote:
On Aug 16, 6:10*am, wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking for the service manual of the portable cd-player Technics SL-XP1A.
This old player is still able to play well some discs, but most of them either
don't play at all or have much noise. I wanted to attempt a realign if I find
the manual.
Other hints welcome.

Best regards

Frank

More likely dirt build up in the optics. The top of he lens is one out
of many surfaces in the optic block and cannot be cleaned as you'll
ever get it aligned mechanically. I seriously doubt you have an
electrical alignment issue. And after all that, the lasers wear out
too.

There are no adjustments for this model. There is a laser power
adjustment on the optics assembly itself, but that should not be
touched. If a cleaning of the lens does not resolve the problem, the
optics assembly needs to be replaced. As far as I know, the optics
are no longer available.

Dan