Posted to sci.electronics.repair
cdr cdr is offline

Default TV beginning to fail

10 y.o. CRT, switch it on in the morning, it flickers a lot, then settles down 5 mins later. During the day, a couple of times I see an amber coloured "thin line flash" and hear a crack/pop noise. Tube is probably going.

Is this dangerous? Got kids around ATM. Don't want the telly exploding. Also, can it be fixed, or shall I get a flat screen TV?

Thanks a lot.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
cdr cdr is offline

Please ignore this post because I posted this question elsewhere, and google groups didn't post it for over half a day, and I thought that my message wasn't posted successfully, but it was posted OK eventually, and I now have some answers. Thanks.