DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Small NTSC Monochrome display problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/326904-small-ntsc-monochrome-display-problem.html)

macona August 3rd 11 04:34 AM

Small NTSC Monochrome display problem

I have a small (4.5") monochrome CRT in a piece of process monitoring
equipment that is not working. No video display. HV seems to be good,
filament is on. Even if I turn the brt and cont pots I get no raster.
Thinking it might be the video amp section?

Going to try and contact the company tomorrow. It was made by Wintron
who seems to have been absorbed by Video Display Corp. I am not
expecting much.

If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

-Jerry

Joe Smith[_4_] August 28th 11 03:51 PM

Small NTSC Monochrome display problem

Are you sure the signal is getting to it.?Is it a 9-pin ?

Jerry Biehler September 8th 11 11:25 PM

On Aug 28, 7:51*am, Joe Smith wrote:
Are you sure the signal is getting to it.?Is it a 9-pin ?

Yeah, it had a signal. Scope showed it. I eventually figured out the
CRT itself was bad. Tried hooking external HV to the anode cap and
nothing. Found another unit on ebay and with a good CRT and tried it
with the other board and verified the CRT was bad.