DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maytag Neptune Washing machine model MHW 2000AWW (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/325972-maytag-neptune-washing-machine-model-mhw-2000aww.html)

klem kedidelhopper July 14th 11 04:06 AM

Maytag Neptune Washing machine model MHW 2000AWW

This machine is 11 years old and makes a great deal of noise during
the spin cycle. Does anyone know if this symptom is a common problem
with this model and also what it might take to fix it? Thanks, Lenny

[email protected] July 14th 11 08:55 PM

Maytag Neptune Washing machine model MHW 2000AWW

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:06:05 -0700 (PDT), klem kedidelhopper
wrote:

This machine is 11 years old and makes a great deal of noise during
the spin cycle. Does anyone know if this symptom is a common problem
with this model and also what it might take to fix it? Thanks, Lenny

It appears to be a problem with the rear seal and or bearings.

There are a number of repair forums (often associated with parts
suppliers) that can answer questions like this.

Suggestion: Get the service manual.

PlainBill

Franc Zabkar July 15th 11 06:41 AM

Maytag Neptune Washing machine model MHW 2000AWW

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:06:05 -0700 (PDT), klem kedidelhopper
put finger to keyboard and composed:

This machine is 11 years old and makes a great deal of noise during
the spin cycle. Does anyone know if this symptom is a common problem
with this model and also what it might take to fix it? Thanks, Lenny

Parts and Exploded Views:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...Mod=MHW2000AWW

- Franc Zabkar

klem kedidelhopper July 16th 11 02:09 PM

On Jul 15, 1:41*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:06:05 -0700 (PDT), klem kedidelhopper
put finger to keyboard and composed:

This machine is 11 years old and makes a great deal of noise during
the spin cycle. Does anyone know if this symptom is a common problem
with this model and also what it might take to fix it? Thanks, Lenny

Parts and Exploded Views:http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...Maytag-Parts/W...

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks very much guys for the info. The exploded view was particularly
helpful Frank. Lenny

Ron D. July 17th 11 03:34 AM

Maytag Neptune Washing machine model MHW 2000AWW

On Jul 16, 9:09*am, klem kedidelhopper
wrote:
On Jul 15, 1:41*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:06:05 -0700 (PDT), klem kedidelhopper
put finger to keyboard and composed:

This machine is 11 years old and makes a great deal of noise during
the spin cycle. Does anyone know if this symptom is a common problem
with this model and also what it might take to fix it? Thanks, Lenny

Parts and Exploded Views:http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...Maytag-Parts/W...

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks very much guys for the info. The exploded view was particularly
helpful Frank. Lenny

Off the top of my head. The bearing. From what I heard, they are
hard to replace.

David Lesher August 5th 11 04:38 PM

Maytag Neptune Washing machine model MHW 2000AWW

There was one Maytag frontloader that had a 6-phase motor driven
by FETs. It was a disaster, and at one point Maytag was buying
them back.

A good friend who can design and fix ANYTHING work on his mom's
multiple times and gave up. So be prepared to walk away iffen...

--
A host is a host from coast to