Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default panasonic DC280-340V Dc Motor

I have a panasonic ARW4 1H8P30AC
SP 30W DC280-340V
A981 149 (The above is the label on the
motor)
DC motor which I had from an Air conditioner. I want to use it for a
project but i can't figure out how to start it.
it has 5 leads in the ff colors Red, Back, White, Yellow and Blue.
Any information on how to start this Motor will be of great help to
me. Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You might try looking for the motor specifications at a Panasonic appliance
website, or a supplier of these motors for replacement purposes.

It's probably not likely that this motor is a DC (as in direct current +/-)
motor.

It's far more likely that the motor is an AC (as in alternating current 50
or 60Hz) motor.

If you can take a picture of the label, someone will probably be able to
sort it out for you.

--
Cheers,
WB

"kwamena banson" wrote in message
I have a panasonic ARW4 1H8P30AC
SP 30W DC280-340V
A981 149 (The above is the label on the
motor)
DC motor which I had from an Air conditioner. I want to use it for a
project but i can't figure out how to start it.
it has 5 leads in the ff colors Red, Back, White, Yellow and Blue.
Any information on how to start this Motor will be of great help to
me. Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:21:42 -0700 (PDT), kwamena banson
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a panasonic ARW4 1H8P30AC
SP 30W DC280-340V
A981 149 (The above is the label on the
motor)
DC motor which I had from an Air conditioner. I want to use it for a
project but i can't figure out how to start it.
it has 5 leads in the ff colors Red, Back, White, Yellow and Blue.
Any information on how to start this Motor will be of great help to
me. Thanks

I suspect that your motor is a DC fan motor.

FWIW, my Fujitsu ducted aircon has a 7-wire fan motor driven by the
indoor unit, and two 5-wire fan motors driven by the outdoor unit.

The indoor fan has three wires to select low (990 RPM, blue), medium
(1150 RPM, violet), or high speed (1300 RPM, red). A 20uF 370V start
capacitor connects to the black and white wires, and power is also
supplied on the white wire.

The outdoor fan motors are DC types. The wire colours are Red, Black,
White, Yellow and Brown. They run at 850 RPM (up Fan) and 750 RPM
(down Fan).

Red = DC power
Black = Ground
White = +15VDC
Yellow = Power On
Brown = Feedback

The following Fujitsu service manuals have circuit diagrams that may
help you understand the drive requirements:
http://www.5season.ru/fuji-electric/...%2054%20LA.pdf
http://www.fgeurofred.co.uk/content/...%20Service.pdf
http://www.herczeg-pilis.hu/uploads/..._AUY45LATN.pdf
http://www.ultimateair.co.uk/pdf/Jan.../ARY30-45L.pdf

It may also be worth looking at LG service manuals:
http://www.jordansmanuals.com/defaul...Product=Aircon

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If you had the model number of the A/C air conditioning unit, it would
likely be useful for trying to find the motor info.

The 30W is likely relevent (30 watt motor size), and the other numbers are
not exactly clear.. however, if the 280-340V is a voltage rating, then I
would suspect that the A/C unit is for use in a country where 240VAC isn't a
common voltage.

AC (alternating current) motors are cheaper to produce, and I would doubt
that a newer technology brushless DC motor would be practical for a A/C unit
fan motor.

MOTOR for Home appliance & Automotive
http://industrial.panasonic.com/ww/p...pressor_e.html

--
Cheers,
WB

"kwamena banson" wrote in message
I have a panasonic ARW4 1H8P30AC
SP 30W DC280-340V
A981 149 (The above is the label on the
motor)
DC motor which I had from an Air conditioner. I want to use it for a
project but i can't figure out how to start it.
it has 5 leads in the ff colors Red, Back, White, Yellow and Blue.
Any information on how to start this Motor will be of great help to
me. Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sp 40w dc280-340v diagram

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Can you please send your number , I want