Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung 204T syncmaster problem -- not bad caps

Sorry for my english and my low preparation, but u have checked the voltages on psu output,
before and after the blak screen? So u can find which board is the problem, it sounds to me
like a problem with the supply of the converter bd or mostly the lcd panel, find the lcd conn.
pinout and check if before and after the blackout there is the tipical voltage (5v..?)
Bye.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 11, 8:20*pm, "Dav.p." wrote:
Sorry for my english and my low preparation, but u have checked the voltages on psu output,
before and after the blak screen? So u can find which board is the problem, it sounds to me
like a problem with the supply of the converter bd or mostly the lcd panel, find the lcd conn.
pinout and check if before and after the blackout there is the tipical voltage (5v..?)
Bye

I'm getting a good clean 13v from the power board and the regulators
on the converter board measure good as well. 5v, 3.3v, 2.5v. The power
good signal from the LM393 on board is in the correct state. I'm now
focusing on the column driver driver board as I seem to recall that
LCDs in general require +/- volts to make the pixels go on and off.
There is some regulator circuitry up there I've yet to explore.

al