Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Underwater Strobe Schematics (Sea & Sea YS-27DX)

OK thanks for the replies so far. Main reason for wanting schematics is that the board has a number of surface mount components and I can't see values on them.

Flooding was with salt water I believe.

Will be taking the strobe into work to place in ultrasonic bath but general condition inside is good with only a couple of areas where ingress is evident.

Have tried the transformer and switches and have buzzed out the battery lines. All looks fine so far. The LED which lights to indicate that the caps are charged and the unit is ready does not operate when batteries are installed and the unit is switched on. I've tested the LED and it's working fine and I've also used a camera flash and torch to try and trigger it which has no effect so I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the circuitry prior to the caps rather than in the triggering.

Cheers
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The LED which lights to indicate that the caps are charged
and the unit is ready does not operate when batteries are
installed and the unit is switched on.

Handy tip... Do you hear the oscillator whining? Modern flashes are on the
quiet side, but you should be able to hear the transformer (or even the
transistors!) "singing" when you bend over.

If the charge circuitry is working, you should a couple hundred volts across
the caps.

Underwater Strobe Schematics (Sea & Sea YS-27DX) Chairman WAPSAC Electronics Repair 3 April 4th 11 09:14 AM
Help with IR LED Strobe Frank Electronics 7 December 25th 05 12:28 PM
IR Strobe help ??? default Electronics 0 December 17th 05 03:06 PM
IR Strobe help ??? diehard67 Electronics 1 December 16th 05 11:27 PM
Remote Sensor for Underwater Flash Strobe WbSearch Electronics Repair 2 March 6th 04 11:24 PM