DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need help finding/ordering part (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/321268-need-help-finding-ordering-part.html)

[email protected] April 3rd 11 09:30 PM

Need help finding/ordering part

I'm trying to repair a IR remote receiver. Have found what could be
the problem. Will replace two front end transistors.

The markings are a follows: TO 92 case, "KSP" top line, "10" second
line, "-238" bottom line, or perhaps KSP10-238 ?

Any ideas where I can find or order these? I have googled it and
can only find KSP10 No mention of -238 so I am not sure of how
to positively identify these two transistors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Franc Zabkar April 4th 11 05:06 AM

Need help finding/ordering part

On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 16:30:48 -0400, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I'm trying to repair a IR remote receiver. Have found what could be
the problem. Will replace two front end transistors.

The markings are a follows: TO 92 case, "KSP" top line, "10" second
line, "-238" bottom line, or perhaps KSP10-238 ?

KSP10 NPN Epitaxial Silicon Transistor:
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/KS/KSP10.pdf

The datasheet is dated September 2002, so the "238" could be a YWW
(Year / Week) data code. Are there similar date codes on the other
components?

- Franc Zabkar