DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for 6" paper edge speaker (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/320238-looking-6-paper-edge-speaker.html)

boardjunkie1 March 14th 11 05:59 PM

Looking for 6" paper edge speaker

I need a bunch of 6" or 6.5" cheap-ish quality speakers. They need to
be "extended range" paper edge types, not foam edge low freq drivers.
The application will be in miniature 4-12 style guitar spkr cabinets.
There are spkrs in them now, but they are more of a woofer style with
rolled cloth edge and they don't sound so hot for guitar use.

I've checked all the "usual suspect" surplus houses, and the closest I
came up with was these:
http://www.electronix.com/25-watt-wo...m-p-13518.html

These *may* work fine, but I'd like more options. Maybe something that
has a 1" coil for a bit better low end response. I can't believe that
vanilla 6" speakers are so hard to find these days. There are guitar
specific 6" drivers made by Weber and Jensen, but for the qty I need I
don't think they are worth the asking price. They're nothing more than
mediocre quality drivers to begin with. Anyone know of anything else
out there that I may have missed before I let an order fly?

Phil Allison[_2_] March 15th 11 06:27 AM

Looking for 6" paper edge speaker

"bored junkie"

I need a bunch of 6" or 6.5" cheap-ish quality speakers. They need to
be "extended range" paper edge types, not foam edge low freq drivers.
The application will be in miniature 4-12 style guitar spkr cabinets.
There are spkrs in them now, but they are more of a woofer style with
rolled cloth edge and they don't sound so hot for guitar use.

** Has Bored Junkie hit a new low in tediousness here ?

...... Phil

boardjunkie1 March 15th 11 04:30 PM

Looking for 6" paper edge speaker

On Mar 15, 2:27*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"bored junkie"

I need a bunch of 6" or 6.5" cheap-ish quality speakers. They need to
be "extended range" paper edge types, not foam edge low freq drivers.
The application will be in miniature 4-12 style guitar spkr cabinets.
There are spkrs in them now, but they are more of a woofer style with
rolled cloth edge and they don't sound so hot for guitar use.

*** Has Bored Junkie hit a new low in tediousness here ?

..... *Phil

Phallison obviously has idle hands......