Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Surface lights failed on GE Microwave oven JVM 1339BW02

I have had this oven for 15 years, and it is working well. Recently,
the stovetop lights at the bottom of this built-in unit quit working.
I replaced both bulbs but that didn't do it.

I found a post online about a similar problem that said there is a
foil trace on the circuit board that might be cracked, and that
repairing it may fix my problem. But I have no idea how to get to the
board, which is behind the keypad. I don't even know how to get it off
the wall.

Grateful for all help!

Al Thumbs
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 10, 1:39*pm, Al Thumbs wrote:
I have had this oven for 15 years, and it is working well. Recently,
the stovetop lights at the bottom of this built-in unit quit working.
I replaced both bulbs but that didn't do it.

I found a post online about a similar problem that said there is a
foil trace on the circuit board that might be cracked, and that
repairing it may fix my problem. But I have no idea how to get to the
board, which is behind the keypad. I don't even know how to get it off
the wall.

Grateful for all help!

Al Thumbs

Well, maybe I DO know how to get it off the wall, found some
instructions that indicate it slides out from a hanger. But how to fix
those lights?

AT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:05:18 -0800 (PST), Al Thumbs
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Well, maybe I DO know how to get it off the wall, found some
instructions that indicate it slides out from a hanger. But how to fix
those lights?

Do these exploded views help you at all?
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...od=JVM1339BW02

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 11, 12:08*am, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:05:18 -0800 (PST), Al Thumbs
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Well, maybe I DO know how to get it off the wall, found some
instructions that indicate it slides out from a hanger. But how to fix
those lights?

Do these exploded views help you at all?http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...GE-Parts/Micro...

- Franc Zabkar

Yes, thanks.