Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DJ-Tech S-1 ...

Anyone got any knowledge / experience of this "Professional Twin SD MP3
player" ?

This one is from a customer who's lost his user guide. If you go to DJ
Tech's website, even though the unit is only a few years old, they list it
as 'legacy' and only have a basic spec listed for download - no manuals.
Needless to say, they don't respond to requests for help in this regard.

The problem with the unit is that when you power it up, ( the soft power
button works ok at this time), the message "UpdateUI--" appears in
the left window. Anyone know what exactly it's trying to tell us, and
whether it's correctable with a master reset or something ? I'm guessing
that the "UI" bit might be User Interface ?? Beyond this initial message, it
does nothing, and doesn't respond to any controls, including the power
button. The only way to then get it to power back off, is to remove power
from the wall wart.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Anyone got any knowledge / experience of this "Professional
Twin SD MP3 player"?

With that name, it sounds as if was manufactured by Craptronics, Ltd.

This one is from a customer who's lost his user guide. If you go to DJ
Tech's website, even though the unit is only a few years old, they list it
as 'legacy' and only have a basic spec listed for download - no manuals.
Needless to say, they don't respond to requests for help in this regard.

That proves it.

The problem with the unit is that when you power it up,

Forgive me... When you turn it on. What ever happened to simple language?

the message "UpdateUI--" appears in
the left window. Anyone know what exactly it's trying to tell us, and
whether it's correctable with a master reset or something? I'm guessing
that the "UI" bit might be User Interface? Beyond this initial message, it
does nothing, and doesn't respond to any controls, including the power
button. The only way to then get it to power back off, is to remove power
from the wall wart.

If the unit has a reset button, I'd do a type-1 hard reset -- stick a pin in
the hole (or whatever). If that doesn't fix it, I'd do a type-2 hard
reset -- throw it a metal trashcan with as much force as possible. Or a
type-3 -- pretend you're Rumpelstiltskin and jump up and down on it in great
fury.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:55:52 +0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

Maybe it's stuck in the middle of loading data from non-volatile into
volatile ram?

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote in message
[...]

Sometimes archive.org has legacy copies of older websites with the then
current user manuals

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sometimes archive.org has legacy copies of older websites
with the then-current user manuals

There's a website -- I forget the name -- that has tens of thousands of
manuals available at low cost.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you William. As ever, that's all very helpful ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. I'll give it a look.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message
[...]

Nope. 'Fraid not. They haven't got that page archived.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Mar 10, 7:09*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message
[...]

Could it be that there is a noisy power line wreaking havoc with the
uPc? try another psu.

beyond that, it's schematics-and-scope time, or you're buggered...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message
[...]

Sadly, the power supply output is dead clean. Being unable to solicit even
an acknowledgement from the manufacturer, even though they have a good web
presence with an invitation to "contact us" on their site, we have now
returned it to the owner, with a detailed explanation as to why we have not
been able to fix it. Of course, he will never buy one of their products
again ...

Arfa

ITT Tech [email protected] Electronics Repair 10 May 14th 06 12:12 AM
ASK-A-TECH Electronics Repair 1 January 11th 06 01:24 AM
ASK-A TECH Electronics Repair 0 January 9th 06 12:43 AM
Ask-A-Tech Electronics Repair 2 December 30th 05 03:37 PM
ASK-A-TECH Electronics Repair 2 December 11th 05 03:21 AM