Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Application of SPST switch.

This switch
http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Pr...x?pc=MLR-AMBER
has terminals marked "PWR ACC GRD". How should it be connected?

I'll speculate that PWR & ACC are for the circuit and GRD is for the
lamp.
If GRD is connected to the neutral conductor, the lamp is on when the
switch
is closed?

Thanks, ... Peter E.
peasthope at shaw dot ca
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter wrote:
This switch
http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Pr...x?pc=MLR-AMBER
has terminals marked "PWR ACC GRD". How should it be connected?

I'll speculate that PWR & ACC are for the circuit and GRD is for the
lamp.
If GRD is connected to the neutral conductor, the lamp is on when the
switch
is closed?

Thanks, ... Peter E.
peasthope at shaw dot ca

Yes... You connect 12V to the PWR terminal, and Ground to the GRD terminal.
The device or circuit you're turning on connects to the ACC terminal. When
the switch is switched ON, 12V is internally connected to the device and the
lamp, turning both on.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Peter"

This switch
http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Pr...x?pc=MLR-AMBER
has terminals marked "PWR ACC GRD". How should it be connected?

I'll speculate that PWR & ACC are for the circuit and GRD is for the
lamp.
If GRD is connected to the neutral conductor, the lamp is on when the
switch is closed?

** That switch is strictly for 12 volt DC circuits.

The 12 volt lamp inside is connected across PWR and GND - so when the
switch connects the battery ( ACC) to the load it lights up.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 9, 3:50*pm, "Dave M" wrote:
... You connect 12V to the PWR terminal, and Ground to the GRD terminal.
The device or circuit you're turning on connects to the ACC terminal. *

So the power source is connected to PWR and GRD and the load is
connected to ACC and GRD. The GRD conductor could jump over the
switch but then the light wouldn't work?

Any idea how the notation ACC is derived?

Mar 9, 10:15 pm, Phil Allison wrote,
** That switch is strictly for 12 volt DC circuits.

Right oh. The appearance is similar to a switch in the scrap
collection
here marked "ARROW ENGLAND 125 V". I didn't find a useful
illustration
of the Arrow. Should have photographed it but the linked picture was
convenient.

Thanks for the explanations fellows, ... Peter E.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3/10/2011 10:34 AM, Peter wrote:
Any idea how the notation ACC is derived?

ACC = ACCessory

Jeff

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 10, 1:25*pm, Jeffrey Angus wrote:
ACC = ACCessory

Thanks to the three of you. With the lighted switch, the power bar is
better than new, ... Peter E.

PC application for nomograph Ron Lowe[_3_] UK diy 4 October 16th 09 12:20 AM
Application of algebra Ignoramus27711 Metalworking 91 June 17th 08 02:45 PM
Poly application DanielMatt Woodworking 9 May 22nd 08 09:13 PM
Stucco application Doc Home Repair 3 January 8th 07 03:55 AM
glue application jctrinity Woodworking 7 March 4th 06 11:29 AM