Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Unidentifiable washing machine klixon

Does anyone know who makes these ?

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon1.jpg
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon2.jpg

A logo is visible on the right of the lid :

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...lixon_back.jpg

I need to find a replacement. The markings on the top read NA38
94076 Z0110A02C1.

Thanks in advance.

"The object of this year's expedition is to see if we can find
trace of last year's expedition."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You might try searching the part at an appliance parts website, using the
washer brand name and model number to find an actual part number, which can
also lead to a generic part number.

This info can be useful in finding the correct thermal device, OEM or proper
generic replacement.

I'm sure of this, because I did the same thing today to find an exact
replacement blower wheel for a friend's furnace.. website prices $150+US,
eBag price $65 including shipping, for a new wheel.
Total time involved.. about 30 minutes, from search start to completed
purchase.
Delivery expected within 3 days.

Otherwise, visit a parts supplier who supplies appliance/HVAC service/repair
folks, and they will likely recognize the part as soon as they see it (or
look it up).

--
Cheers,
WB

"Andre Majorel" wrote in message
Does anyone know who makes these ?

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon1.jpg
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon2.jpg

A logo is visible on the right of the lid :

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...lixon_back.jpg

I need to find a replacement. The markings on the top read NA38
94076 Z0110A02C1.

Thanks in advance.

"The object of this year's expedition is to see if we can find
trace of last year's expedition."

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3/2/2011 6:39 PM, Andre Majorel wrote:
Does anyone know who makes these ?

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon1.jpg
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon2.jpg

A logo is visible on the right of the lid :

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...lixon_back.jpg

I need to find a replacement. The markings on the top read NA38
94076 Z0110A02C1.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe these guys can help ID it.

http://www.sensata.com/support/klixon-thermostat.htm

JC
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 23:39:54 +0000, Andre Majorel wrote:

Does anyone know who makes these ?

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon1.jpg
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon2.jpg

A logo is visible on the right of the lid :

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...lixon_back.jpg

I need to find a replacement. The markings on the top read NA38 94076
Z0110A02C1.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like a switch.

http://www.sensata.com/klixon/pressu...on-package.htm

Only need to match exact the mount and position if you can't find a
direct replacment.

Email " maybe they can match some numbers.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andre Majorel Inscribed thus:

Does anyone know who makes these ?

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon1.jpg
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon2.jpg

A logo is visible on the right of the lid :

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...lixon_back.jpg

I need to find a replacement. The markings on the top read NA38
94076 Z0110A02C1.

Thanks in advance.

Any single pole 120F snap action thermal switch that physically fits
into the rubber mounting and having a 16 Amp AC rating will work ok !
From the damage it looks like the drum bearings have failed and the drum
edge has cut into the face of the sensor. You might also find that the
switch contacts feeding that thermal sensor have welded closed.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2011-03-03, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 23:39:54 +0000, Andre Majorel wrote:

Does anyone know who makes these ?

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon1.jpg
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...00_klixon2.jpg

A logo is visible on the right of the lid :

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...lixon_back.jpg

I need to find a replacement. The markings on the top read NA38 94076
Z0110A02C1.

Or maybe ZO110A02C1 (zed oh, not zed zero).

Looks like a switch.

It is.

http://www.sensata.com/klixon/pressu...on-package.htm

Sensata don't seem to have any with the same form factor.
And they're on the wrong side of the Atlantic for me. Which is
perhaps why they don't have the part I need. g

The klixon is a Siltal part, an Italian white goods
manufacturer. But that doesn't tell me who actually made it.
This isn't the Siltal logo.

Siltal is out of business and the part is "no longer
manufactured". Off to find a generic replacement.

An ohmmeter and a saucepan full of water tell me that it's
indeed an NA38, i.e. normally open, closed above 38°C. I would
have expected a security thermostat to have a much higher
actuating temperature, like 100°C. What is 38°C good for ?
Preventing damage to wool/synthetic ?

Thanks everyone.

"The object of this year's expedition is to see if we can find
trace of last year's expedition."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andre Majorel wrote:

On 2011-03-03, Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

Klixon made it. It was part of Texas Instruments, but Klixon was
sold to Sensata.

Siltal is out of business and the part is "no longer
manufactured". Off to find a generic replacement.

An ohmmeter and a saucepan full of water tell me that it's
indeed an NA38, i.e. normally open, closed above 38°C. I would
have expected a security thermostat to have a much higher
actuating temperature, like 100°C. What is 38°C good for ?
Preventing damage to wool/synthetic ?

Thanks everyone.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2011-03-08, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Andre Majorel wrote:

The klixon is a Siltal part, an Italian white goods
manufacturer. But that doesn't tell me who actually made it.
This isn't the Siltal logo.

Klixon made it. It was part of Texas Instruments, but Klixon
was sold to Sensata.

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...lixon_back.jpg

Not the Klixon logo. It's a klixon, but not from Klixon.

What is a 38°C thermostat for in a washing machine ? Preventing
damage to wool/synthetic in case the main temperature control
fails ?

"The object of this year's expedition is to see if we can find
trace of last year's expedition."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2011-03-08, Michael A. wrote:
Andre Majorel wrote:

The klixon is a Siltal part, an Italian white goods
manufacturer. But that doesn't tell me who actually made it.
This isn't the Siltal logo.

Klixon made it. It was part of Texas Instruments, but Klixon
was sold to Sensata.

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/lf120...lixon_back.jpg

Not the Klixon logo. It's a klixon, but not from Klixon.

What is a 38°C thermostat for in a washing machine ? Preventing
damage to wool/synthetic in case the main temperature control
fails ?

I posted this on UK DIY, but you haven't checked your replies.

I believe the Firstline Carrefour washers are made by Haier, a chinese
white goods company.

I think this may be your part,

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDeta...mostat/1227484

Source

http://www.repairclinic.com/Haier-Wa...FYbb4AodHHOW_A

You may find parts in Europe, these guys are USA

Is your washer here?

http://www.haier.com/products/more.asp?epcID=4

There is a link to a UK parts supply on the Haier website

JC

oil/grease on washing from the washing machine Dave UK diy 7 January 10th 11 05:15 PM
klixon thermal protectors "scarcer than hens teeth", even HARDERthan that to find... dave Metalworking 13 November 11th 09 08:20 PM
washing machine JIMMIE Home Repair 3 April 14th 09 02:13 AM
washing machine PATRICK LARVIN UK diy 16 October 28th 05 07:13 PM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 05:32 PM