Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Deoxit on "pots"?

On another list we have been discussing using Caig DeOxit on pots (e.g.
Volume, balance, etc controls).

Caig has another product called "Fader Lube", which I assume is designed
for such a use.

The question I have is has anyone used the regular DeOxit on such controls
and the results? A web search yielded many hits of people using DeOxit and
having good results, and even a YouTube videos of it.

It's hard to tell from the postings, and the videos, how many the people
posting have done. Some of them are obviously people who have done
one or two, and others are not. I'm interested in hearing long term
experience.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.