DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Schematic or Manual for Proton D940 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/317854-schematic-manual-proton-d940.html)

danube January 27th 11 03:23 AM

Schematic or Manual for Proton D940

Hello folks,

I have a Proton D940 vintage receiver from the 1980's that stopped
working on me and I would like to repair it. First step would seem to
me to get a manual for it.
I did a google search and the last post to come up with a relevant hit
is from 2000! That does not bode well for my expectations from the
following question:

Does anyone here have, or know where I can get, a service manual,
including schematics, for a Proton D940 receiver? Come on, someone's
got to have *one* of
these right?

*Please* let me know if you have one you could scan and post or copy
for me. I'll pay a fair price for the effort.

Thanks.

Dan

p.s. No Fotofacts either.

Trevor Wilson[_4_] January 27th 11 07:53 PM

danube wrote:
Hello folks,

I have a Proton D940 vintage receiver from the 1980's that stopped
working on me and I would like to repair it. First step would seem to
me to get a manual for it.
I did a google search and the last post to come up with a relevant hit
is from 2000! That does not bode well for my expectations from the
following question:

Does anyone here have, or know where I can get, a service manual,
including schematics, for a Proton D940 receiver? Come on, someone's
got to have *one* of
these right?

*Please* let me know if you have one you could scan and post or copy
for me. I'll pay a fair price for the effort.

Thanks.

Dan

p.s. No Fotofacts either.

**I may have one somewhere, but it will take some time to locate. As I
recall, however, that model Proton is a direct copy of the NAD 7150 or 7155
receiver. So close are the amps that the parts designation numbers on the
PCBs are the same. Proton is/was manufactured by Fulet, who were the
manufacturer used by NAD in the early 1980s. The NAD 7150/7155 should be
easy to locate.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

[email protected] February 5th 13 01:13 PM

Schematic or Manual for Proton D940

You can buy for a few money schematics and user's Manual at http://www.stereomanuals.com